Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was I caught speeding

Options
  • 13-05-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Today on the N8 Watergrasshill section there was a Garda van with 2 cops at the back with a camera mounted on a tripod. I Passed them at about 10KM - 15KM over the limit but there wasnt much reaction from them. How would i know if it was a GATSO van or was it likely to have been a standard radar gun?

X.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

make it stop! make it stop *bangs head*

can we sticky this (somehow?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

quarryman wrote: »
    make it stop! make it stop *bangs head*

+∞

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Max_Damage wrote: »
    +∞

+∞ +1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

to be fair; xabi, if it was on a tripod then they won't need to stop you, chances are they got a snap of your plate.

Sit it out for 6-8 weeks and nothing arrives in the post you are probably alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

You got caught speeding.

You have to pay a fine.

Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

quarryman wrote: »
    to be fair; xabi, if it was on a tripod then they won't need to stop you, chances are they got a snap of your plate.

Sit it out for 6-8 weeks and nothing arrives in the post you are probably alright.

Sticky Please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

The device was fairly small, about the size of the handheld detectors i have seen in the past, he was also looking through it and tried to track my car with it as i approached in the overtaking lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wait and see if you receive notification in the post. If you do then you were caught speeding. If you don't get a letter then I'd be fairly sure that you weren't caught. Better yet, go to your local station, tell them you were speeding and also give them the location and time and ask them to check their records while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

these tripod mounted laser guns are most often not hooked up to any camera and they will have to pull you over if they catch you speeding. it might be possible that you met with a guard in a good mood and looking for bigger fish than you so you should be in the clear hopefully.

the tripod is used to steady the laser to take full advantage of its long range capabilities so if you only saw a small device on it youre most likely OK :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

you weren't caught... they need to issue the driver with a ticket. i blitzed it too!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

staker wrote: »
    you weren't caught... they need to issue the driver with a ticket. i blitzed it too!! lol
    ...and only if the garda is wearing his /her hat! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

If you do recieve a summons, promptly shred it and say you never got it. Works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

damn now where did i put that crystal ball :pac:

Advertisement