Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to play online

• 13-05-2008 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

got me xbox 360 sunday evenin for 300 euro with halo 3,call of duty 4(as xtravision didnt have gears of war),pgr and forza 2. must say im well pleased with that deal especially with gettin cod 4.
    thing is i dont know how to play online,all the bloody instructions i got are in every language but english
    could someone tell me how its done as i hear cod4 and halo are great to play online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

plug xbox into your router, set up an xbox live account, pay your subscription, insert game, hit play online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lfc85

whats a router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

lfc85 wrote: »
    whats a router

its a box that sends a wireless internet signal around your house.. basically

what way do you connect your internet to your pc?? ie is it through a usb modem or is it through an ethernet cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Georgie Boy

lfc85 wrote: »
    whats a router
    WTF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Whats an xbox ???:confused:;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i've just gone online since the weekend.
    i bought a wireless router which i hooked up to my modem. I bought a wireless connector for the xbox,which fits into the back of it
    the hard part is configuring so you can connect to xbox live
    you have to create a static IP for both your router and xbox and open 3 ports
    then you have to manually enter IP address,subnet mask, gateway and DNS server
    It had me tearing my hair out
    After 3 calls to MS Support (shower of useless bastards, i hung up on them the third time) i figured it out myself

If you get all the above gear, let me know and i can take you through set up

i just plugged my xbox into my ethernet connection on the pc which is wireless enabled and didn't have to buy a wireless connection for the xbox.

wireless connection for a pc is cheaper than that of the xbox and you can manage the wireless connection much eaier through windows,that was my logic

you're flying it so
    just text the xbox live connectivity on the dashboard and get the xbox 13 month subscription from ebay

you're flying it so
    just text the xbox live connectivity on the dashboard and get the xbox 13 month subscription from ebay

is that post directed at me or the op mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jcoote wrote: »
    its a box that sends a wireless internet signal around your house.. basically

nah a router doesnt have to just send wireless signals, it can be a box with say 4 outputs that your broadband signal goes into, and from there you run a cable from one of the outputs into whatever device you want to use online

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    nah a router doesnt have to just send wireless signals, it can be a box with say 4 outputs that your broadband signal goes into, and from there you run a cable from one of the outputs into whatever device you want to use online

ah yeah i know but the OP didn't seem to know anything about networking so i was just trying to keep it simple.

assuming they were going to connect wirelessly was my fault i spose ..sorry :(

Advertisement