Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who (if anyone) is for the chop this season!?

• 13-05-2008 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Just to forewarn; spoilers up to episode 4x11

The writers have so far, without fail, killed off a number of main characters in each season. So given there's only 2 episodes left this time around, who do people think it will be this season?

Of course, they could spare everyone this time around. This is probably supported by the fact that a couple of "second tier" characters have been slain (namely Alex and Danielle) and a host of others (Naomi, the captain, Karl, some redshirts). Also, it's getting harder to see where new main characters will come from next season on so they might not be able to trim the main cast for the sake of drama too much.

If one character has to go I imagine it'll be Michael. They seem to have separated him from Walt and I don't see them really having a story together again (might be wrong though of course), and Michael's whole thing this season has been trying to protect the survivor's to atone for what he did. So I could easily see him doing something heroic in the finale (perhaps rescuing them from Keamy or the Others or something) but sacrificing him in the process.

Claire is at something of a risk of going too. Her story will seem at something of a loss without Aaron. Although they may not kill her, she might just become anciliary and appear randomly with Christian. Some people think she might already be dead, which is possible too of course.

Juliet could go too. Most of her backstory seems to have been told and not having been on Oceanic she doesn't really fit into that story or the Ben/Widmore clash. I would like her to stay though, she has potential as a good character. I kind of think she and Sawyer may emerge as the new "sort-of-leaders" of the survivors (kind of hinted at in the episode with Jack's appendix), especially if Locke goes with the Others. She's also has a lot more knowledge of the Island that the 815 survivors and I'd like the writer's to bring her and Ben together again to see how that develops.

the last one at risk (I think) is Jin, hinted at in the last of Sun's flashbacks. However, he did make it clear to Charlotte that he wanted Sun on the helicopter with or without him, so it seems like they could get separated without his death.

I was thinking for a while that Desmond may be at risk, but it seems now that he'll get off the island too, just not as an "Oceanic 6" and he'll have a part to play in the Ben/Widmore thing.

Any more ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My money is on Michael and Jin.

Sun thinks Jin is dead in the future + he's talking a lot about protecting the baby lately + Kim is now a member of the Lost DUI club = one dead Jin. But besides all that, revealing Jin is alive in the future would basically render 4x07 completely pointless.

I suspect Michael is in the coffin. Too obvious? Perhaps but the writers choices are fairly limited. Ben is too pro-active in the future; Des or Juliet make no sense; and it can't be one of the O6 or another 815 survivor. The whole reason for bringing Michael back was for him to redeem himself which I expect he will do in the finale by blowing Widmore's boat to hell. Afterwards there might be something darkly poetic about him going back to the real world and killing himself now that the island has no more use for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Have the deaths not lost their shock value?
    Maybe they might try a flash forward death. That would be new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Michael, his story is over. Don't believe Jin is dead. Possibly Sawyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

jack kate locke ben and hurley :p

has to be jin for sure and claire is gone already,maybe juliette??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Pretty confident Jin is going to die in finale. They seemed to have wrapped up his backstory and of course the DUI, that's a more compelling reason then his tombstone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭brick tamland

am I the only one that thinks Jin doesnt die. with the date on the grave reading the day of the crash it sujests to me he's still on the island.

also if Sun gets off the island in next weeks episode, how would she know if he died on the island in the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Sherifu wrote: »
    Michael, his story is over. Don't believe Jin is dead. Possibly Sawyer.

Can't be Sawyer unless you mean a flash forward death, as Kate was in contact with him in the flashforward with her and Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Leeby wrote: »
    Can't be Sawyer unless you mean a flash forward death, as Kate was in contact with him in the flashforward with her and Jack

No she wasn't. She said she was doing something that she promised to do for him before she left the island. It will possibly be revealed what that is during the finale.
    I don't think Jin or Claire will be the ones who die - too obvious.
    It's gotta be someone that nobody will suspect - could happen in a flash-forward, so nobody is safe as Damon and Carlton have always mentioned. Michael could possibly be considered a shock death, as people are thinking they wouldn't bring him back for 3 episodes only to kill him off, after paying him starring credits for a 14 episode stint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

No she wasn't. She said she was doing something that she promised to do for him before she left the island. It will possibly be revealed what that is during the finale.

Ah I see! That makes a lot more sense! I couldn't understand how she'd still be able to talk to him if he's on the island but I just presumed that I'd missed the explanation for that. Still don't think it'll be Sawyer though, unless it happens after the Oceanic 6 are rescued, as Jack did say that Sawyer chose to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

juliet will die i'd say...... and even though lapadus isn't a main character, he's pushing it a bit much with keamy so wouldn't be surprised to see him die either(like him though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm not sure if we will get many deaths, after all they killed of Rousseau and Alex who were big enough charachters. I'd say some of the less important ones might die like the elderly interacial couple (names escape me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we will get many deaths, after all they killed of Rousseau and Alex who were big enough charachters. I'd say some of the less important ones might die like the elderly interacial couple (names escape me)

Rose and Bernard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

But besides all that, revealing Jin is alive in the future would basically render 4x07 completely pointless.

I don't know about pointless, I think it's pretty much necessary that Jin's still alive, just as a device to get Sun back to the island. It'd be much more of a wasted storyline to get Sun off the island and let that be that. I reckon something happens as the O6 leave or is about to happen as the O6 leave which makes it seem like everyone on the island is dead, and then when they're off the island they find out that they're not all dead and decide they have to go back. Or something..
    I don't think Jin or Claire will be the ones who die - too obvious.

The amount of times I've thought things to be too obvious to actually happen, and still they happen. I'm going with the easy answer and saying Claire.

Although, then I'm being a massive hypocrite by saying Jin's death is too obvious to happen... I really don't know anymore!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

doonothing wrote: »
    reckon something happens as the O6 leave or is about to happen as the O6 leave which makes it seem like everyone on the island is dead, and then when they're off the island they find out that they're not all dead and decide they have to go back. Or something..
    I considered this as well but what about Sayid's reaction to seeing Ben in 4x09? He seemed quite accepting to the story that Ben got off the island with Desmond's boat. Nothing about "How are you alive?" or "Are my friends okay?" etc

Then there's what Jack says about Sawyer in 4x10:
    JACK: But he's not here, is he? No. No, he made his choice. He chose to stay. I'm the one who came back. I'm the one who's here.

If Sawyer chose to stay then maybe everybody did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Leeby wrote: »
    I see CaptainNegative has cleared this matter up. Very good, carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I considered this as well but what about Sayid's reaction to seeing Ben in 4x09? He seemed quite accepting to the story that Ben got off the island with Desmond's boat. Nothing about "How are you alive?" or "Are my friends okay?" etc

Then there's what Jack says about Sawyer in 4x10:

If Sawyer chose to stay then maybe everybody did.

My taking of that Sayid/Ben interaction was that Ben left rather obviously before the rest did/had to opportunity to, ie. he saved his own skin and fecked off! As Ben has been known to do!

The whole Sawyer's choice thing, I really don't know.. Sawyer kinda expressed he would want to stay on the island already, but there's no way only the O6 wanted to get off the island, no way! And with Jack's "we have to go back" guilt, there has to have been some cataclysmic event which they feel they could help with (or maybe, prevent?), y'know?

I just see the disaster-as-they-leave filling in most of the gaps so far... But, we'll find out in like, 2 weeks anyway!

Can't flippin' wait!

Advertisement