Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista - set access rights to applications

• 13-05-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking to set access rights to certain applications that I have installed.
    I have several accounts on my pc which are for guests etc and it is not necessary for them to have all applications.

for example, I use a download manager on my own account to handle all downloads, however I do not wish it to handle downloads on the accounts...I just want Internet Explorer of Firefox to handle things.
    I want it to appear that the application is not installed for that user account.

Ideally, during a program installation, you would be given the option of installing for one user or all users but this is a rare enough option.

All advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Hi there,

I am looking to set access rights to certain applications that I have installed.
    I have several accounts on my pc which are for guests etc and it is not necessary for them to have all applications.

for example, I use a download manager on my own account to handle all downloads, however I do not wish it to handle downloads on the accounts...I just want Internet Explorer of Firefox to handle things.
    I want it to appear that the application is not installed for that user account.

Ideally, during a program installation, you would be given the option of installing for one user or all users but this is a rare enough option.

All advice appreciated

you could try parental rights in teh user controll panel or take the other accounts off admin rights and then set the program to run with admin rights so it cant be launched?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

as to whether the app has same settings for all users or just one - that is up to the app not the OS

name the app if you want anything other than generic advice.
    some are add ins in IE and you can disable it there

or maybe change the security settings on the program files folder the app resides in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

as to whether the app has same settings for all users or just one - that is up to the app not the OS

Correct, but that is the effect I am trying to achieve.

The application i want to not appear in other accounts is Internet Download Manager.

Advertisement