Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiplayer usage question?

• 13-05-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

i'm new wnough to the online side of gaming and was just wondering..

Has anybody sussed out what kinda (monthly internet download) usage GTA IV takes up???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

i'm sure someone will give you the facts but gta online won't take up any more bandwidth/usage than other online game which is not much at all. even if your download limit was 5gb a month you would be safe. it is downloading game demos, films etc that will use it up. playing games does not send/receive too much data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i kinda thought maybe 2 or 3 gig a month, considering a lot of the info is read from the game disc, but i wasn't 100% sure

cheers superweld! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

It does not send or receive massive amounts of data, just very small packets, similar to internet browsing. It does use up a lot of your internet speed, so ideally your pc should be turned off. At least have all instant messaging programs turned off, as they constantly send and receive packages, limiting both down and up speeds. All in all, a month of regular online gaming probably won't use up too much of your limit. GTA online has bandwidth saving measures in place. The city is not the same for everyone...I have only raced online, but in a race, your competitors do not knock down lampposts in front of you, cars and peds are in different relative positions, etc. This is to reduce the packet sizes that need to be sent to the host machine (and from the host too), resulting in smoother online performance.

cheers single malt.

i use my pc as my router so it has to be on but as u say i have no internet based programs running when i have the 360 on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Well I have no problems with mine , i have msn, gmail on while i surf the net and using u torrent at the same time ,and still gta works fine,if there was lag I d shut them down but a bit of browsing on the side wont affect you to much.I have a 3 mb connection so that maybe it.Some good advise above tho!

• Advertisement

yeah i've 3mb meself thats good to know tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Game's don't send and recieve much at all.

Advertisement