Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamestop waterford

• 13-05-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

well lads the day of the release of grand theft auto iv i went in and prebooked it for when the next batch came in with gamestop in city square and the fella rang me 3 days later saying he had a copy for me and i said that i would,nt be able to pick it up that day as i had to go to limerick and would try get in when i got back to collect it and the response i got was sorry we,ll have to let that go as we,ve got 60 people waiting on it!!!! well its two weeks later now and no sign of any call so i picked up a copy last weekend while in hmv with no problem they had loads of copies on the shelf and still no call from gamestop!!!!!! well i know where i won,t be buyin g any future ps3 releases what do you think about that for customer service even though it was only 5 euro,s i put as deposit it would have been better spent elsewhere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

I pre-ordered GTA IV in gamestop Newbridge back in October and payed for it back then, I went into them on the day of release to collect it and they said they had no record of my order. I presented the receipt and they still didn't give me the game or my money back! I've already gotten onto the small claims court to get my money back.

Apparently all the old staff were stealing from the store and were replaced before christmas and that the person who took my pre-order was let go.

Even if the staff are stealing, once I have a receipt to prove the pre-order I'm entitled to it!

Luckily for me my old boss in Zavvi gave me a copy on PS3 and 360 twenty mins later :D!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Forget them. I bought mine on www.videogamesplus.ca for €45 including postage and had it on the Friday after release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

although yesterday i got a new wireless adapter for the 360 in gamestop in Santry for 10EUR... I suppose some stores still have decent staff and customer service left in them

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I pre-ordered my grand theft auto for the 360 in gamestop back in february and went in on the day of release and got it no bother, there was not one person there though which kinda shows that the majority of people do not like gamestop one bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Gamestop are a joke. Opening that new store to stop Game was the last straw.

Selling preowned games for 5 euro off the cost of a brand new game? Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Gamestop are money grabbing c**ts, hope to feck that HMV or Zavvi come down here. Was in Zavvi in Liverpool the amount of stock they had was unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea I traded in a game had only bought the day before(didnt like it) cost me €40

The guy goes we can give you €13.. whatever fair enough..

Some fella comes in then asking for the game I just traded in.. Your man behind the counter goes ill have on for you now in a second it will be €40!!!!!

seriously like. I was in zavvi in London and they do have some selection!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ye its a joke alright well i def won,t go there for anything again!!! i,m in limerick almost every weekend you could say and will spend my money in hmv or game up there, ye i noticed alright passing the new store that there never seems to be any customers in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's all very well saying Zavvi in London or Liverpool have a big selection, but Waterford is not London or Liverpool. Have a look in Zavvi in Kilkenny for something more like what we would probably see in Waterford. The games selection there isn't great.

Game are no great shakes either, really. I hear nothing but complaints about them from English people I know. The last time I was in Game in Dublin, for the first time in several years, it was crap compared to how it used to be.

Trade-in/second hand prices are universally crap.

Game Stop are not really any worse than the other big chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

i got my copy of gta4 for the ps3 in game stop in city square yesterday. i didn't have it pre-booked, just walked in on the off-chance they'd have it. to my surprise they had one copy in stock, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How much are they charging for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

€60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

In game stop waterford the saturday after the release they had loads of 360 and PS3 GTA4, this was downstairs but I have to say that upstairs and downstairs are total different.... when patrick the older manager was there 2 and half years ago... he was a gamer totally and would help any customer no matter what... the ethic by gamestop inc is sell as much as they can and screw you if you come back.. they are the mcdonalds of the games world...

Advertisement