Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google maps

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭

everytime i use google maps, after i have put in my first search, if i go to search for something after, it won't work, i have to restart google maps each time

is it computer settings problems

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

It could be your browser, what browser are you using?
    It might be worth trying it in another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

gerky wrote: »
    It could be your browser, what browser are you using?
    It might be worth trying it in another one.

i use firefox

just tried it in internet explorer and it works perfect - will use it from there

thanks

Is there any chance you have real player add on in firefox? as this is known to cause problems with google maps including the one you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Noticed this on someone else's machine today. The second search was submitted but in the status bar, Firefox was trying to contact about three different servers and wasn't updating the screen. Odd problem alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

gerky wrote: »
    Is there any chance you have real player add on in firefox? as this is known to cause problems with google maps including the one you describe.

yeah real player was causing the problem, i disabled it, restarted firefox and all is fixed:)

thanks - it was driving me mad.

i downloaded google earth yesterday which worked ok with real player

• Advertisement

Saibh wrote: »
    yeah real player was causing the problem, i disabled it, restarted firefox and all is fixed:)

thanks - it was driving me mad.

i downloaded google earth yesterday which worked ok with real player

Your welcome glad it worked out.

Advertisement