Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derren Brown

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

??? wrote: »
    Missed this section at first read. Why would I have any reason not to accept Derren Brown at his word. I have read numerous others on the same topic. People on the board are giving me an internet reading so you can hardly say I'm not trying to test people. Hell if I had to test everything everyone said I'd be bloody slow to learmn anything, there comes a point when you really should just accept the scientific consensis...

I never said you had any reason to doubt him,at his trickery. In MY opinion,yes,as ive said numerous times he IS a great trickster and puts on a brill show. However,I dont agree with his judgement on mediums and psychics,that is because of my own personal experiences,that nobody but me can believe to be real or fake. There MY experiences and nobody planted them in my head,they are not with other psychics or mediums but with me and me alone. That is where my beliefs stem from.
    I have complete respect for everyones beliefs,they are their beliefs as they know it and hopefully from personal experience.
    I dont think we have to accept the science of it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

karynp wrote: »
    I dont think we have to accept the science of it at all.

Because if you did, it would ruin what you believe to be true. The fact is whatever you think in your own head is whats true to you, but doesn't make it true in the actaully real world we live in.

When ever I look at clocks I see

1.11 2.22 3.33 etc

A person told me it was a ghost that need my attendion or help.

Its not. Its me looking at the clock and making connections. How many others times did i look at the clock. sorry< End rant>

So you see If i had listen to that nutter, I would believe in my head that it was a ghost when actaully all it really was in the real world is me looking at the clock alot and making connections

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Ah confirmation bias.

In an Emergency Room.
    Doc 1: Wow it's busy. Is it a full moon?
    Doc 2: No.

In an Emergency Room.
    Doc 2: No.

In an Emergency Room.
    Doc 2: Yeah it is.
    Doc 1. I can always tell, it's always much busier on a full moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Not Paranormal folks. moving to M&I.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Thread locked. Please use the other thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055261810

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement