Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I have just downloaded skype and im very new to it all! I have seen on other peoples computers that they have it reduced to the tray like MSN does! but i dont know how to make it do that! If i close MSN it reduces to the little man beside where the time is on the bottom right of the screen but if i reduce skype it just disappears!!
    any ideas??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

When you close it, it should minimise to the tray like msn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maryjones

It doesnt seem to want to!! i assumed it would do it automatically but it doesnt! im quite confused! It stays connected when i close it but it doesnt stay in the tray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is it hidden? Is there a blue arrow to show hidden items in the tray?

Ive checked that and ive looked in the properties to see is it set as always hidden and its not there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Hmmm odd I just downloaded and installed it here. Running Windows 2000 and when I clicked the x button it minimised a la MSN. You sure it's not hidden down there in the bottom right of the screen somewhere?

• Advertisement

I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it and now I have it working!! It was very strange indeed, i checked loads of times and checked in the settings to see was it hidden but it definatly wasnt there! anyway all is good now!! :)

Advertisement