Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY charging me for sports even tho i didnt ask for it

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭

ok, not sure where i stand on this one

last may i got sky tv installed. i have a duplicate of the contract i signed and what i signed up to was a mix of 2 variety/entertainment packages and 2 of the sky movies packages. i got the movies as tehy were half price ffor the first two months. after that 2 months were up i rang sky and cancelled the movies. my sky bill didnt reduce but to be honest i didnt take too much notice as my life was quite hectic at the time and it was the least of my worries. so anyway, 2 weeks ago my young nephew was here and discovered i had sky sports! i never knew this, as the only sport im into is GAA, so i never had cause to look at sky sports.

i'm wondering if i am entitled to any money back? i've been paying them €58 a month for the last 12 months for a package i never signed up to. i can prove i never signed up to it, but i cannot prove i never "used the service" ie watched the sports channels.

what do ye think?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I doubt you'd get your money back, as you hadn't reported the additional channels. If you had and you still had them then you'd be all right.

Still, no harm chancing your arm. Are you paying by DD? You could point out that you contacted them as soon as you became aware, ask them to send you out a copy of your order etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yeah, am paying by dd. have cancelled the whole service now anyway as im moving house. i'll chance my arm anyway, it would be worth €456 to me if they refunded whole amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

just an update on this- i wrote to them, enclosing a photocopy of my original contract, and they are refunding me the whole amount. result!

Advertisement