Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patio heater problems

• 13-05-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Well, it's that time of year again - brilliant weather, bbq time, friends over. excellent. Patio heater woes. Got two of them - only got the 2nd because of problems with the first, but same thing with both:

Press pilot light, hold button (for an age), release, light goes out...

Thought this was a problem with thermocouple (heavy-duty wire that conducts heat to gas control valve), but replaced with new one to no effect. Do I need new gas control valves or is there something much more simple that I can do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi there,
    I see you didn't get a reply to your post in 2008. Did you solve your problem or did you buy another heater???? Having same trouble myself. Tried all the usual solutions, new gas cylinder, etc. Any hints you got from anyone else would be helpful.

Advertisement