Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking a forum as read

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭

Not lovin' the latest change. The "mark forum as read" option in the forum tools dropdown is handy for subbed threads where you don't necessarily want to read everything, but want to be able to see when there are new posts afterwards. Now when you click on forum tools it refreshes the page and throws you down to the bottom of it where the tools have been relocated, and when you click on mark as read it jumps to the category main page. Seems to be a change just for the sake of it to me, although if someone can tell me why it's better I'm all ears.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It hasn'y been changed. It sounds like you have javascript disabled. Do you use the firefox add on noscript?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It hasn'y been changed. It sounds like you have javascript disabled. Do you use the firefox add on noscript?

I haven't done anything at all and it was working fine an hour ago. I've no idea what that noscript thing meant. :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did you try clearing your cache? What browser and OS are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Zaph wrote: »
    I haven't done anything at all and it was working fine an hour ago. I've no idea what that noscript thing meant. :confused:
    Working fine here. Sounds like your browser might need a cleaning.

Firefox 2.0.0.14 on XP. I'll try clearing the cache and closing the browser and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Well that worked, very strange indeed, never seen that happening before. Thanks for the help guys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Those caches are crazy. I saw my posts with someone elses avatar for ages. I thought an smod/admin had changed it until I tried clearing the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Faith wrote: »
    Those caches are crazy. I saw my posts with someone elses avatar for ages. I thought an smod/admin had changed it until I tried clearing the cache.
    it's okay faith, even if you're avatar dissappears, I'll always know who you are... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's fair to say that if faiths avatar ever goes missing, a good place to start looking would be my basement.

Advertisement