Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Build

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Ok, for starters im waiting untill the 9900gtx (so end of june fingers crossed) comes out for this build but want to get some of the basics out of the way first, mainly the case and the cooling.

My current build is pretty quiet on low load but I want the next one near silent.

Abit FP-IN9 SLI (650i)

E6300 (1.86@2.6....yes thats the max i can get out of it!)(with AC7)

8800gts 320mb overclocked to its limit

7200gs 128mb

2 x 1gb Crucial Ballistix 800mhz

Corsair 620W PSU***

Sharkoon Rebel 9 case with 1x250mm on the side (intake), 1 x 120mm at the front (extracting), 1 x 80mm 900rpm placed on the 8800gts to keep the nb cool, 1 x 80mm low rpm on the 7200gs and 1 x 80mm on the back of the case extracting.

1 x 250gb WD hard drive***

1 x 750gb samsung f1***

So I want to keep the PSU and the hard drives for the next build, and will probably keep the low rpm fans but everything else will probably go.

Im gonna use this thread for picking out the rest of the parts when the time comes too so monitor set up is
    19"@1280x1024 22"@1680x1050 19"@1280x1024 so total res for driving games is 4240x1024 and I just use the 22" for FPS games.

Im trying to decide over watercooling and passive cooling, either way I want the cooling to be a centre point.

So if its going to have to be fully passive I want to use Thermalright coolers on everything, gfx, ram, NB, and CPU and have some decent fans push enough airflow through so its pretty silent....What case would you guys recommened for this!? I dont mind modding at all but it needs a window!

Other option is to go fully water cooled so again gfx ram NB and CPU and possibly VRM's....I know this is probably the more expensive option and I would need to make sure the pump(s) would be silent so they would probably need to be the emmersed type pumps. Ive never done a watercooling build before either so im worried about leaks! Also again what type of case!?

Either way budget for case and cooling is a max of 400 quid but i would like to spend alot less than that if possible!
    So to sum it up I need help deciding on which option will be quieter and what case to get!

Comments

Advertisement