Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Internet

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have the wireless o2 Internet? It's the one that you plug into your USB. I could have sworn it was advertised as 'super fast' but I see on the o2 site now don't refer to the speed at all, or so it seems. Edit: the site refers to the internet as 'high speed'.

Myself and my boyfriend have been using it in Kilkenny City for the past 8 or 9 months and it is dire. It is incredibly slow and I'd say 50% of the time pages don't load so you have to keep refreshing until they do. We are constantly getting disconnected because it is so slow and a lot of websites, like Youtube etc., can't be used because you are waiting some 20 minutes for a 3 minute music video to download.

It's infuriating because we don't know what to do. I feel like we're paying for a service that we aren't getting. Is there anything we can do? We're in a contract for a year I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

These things are subject to reception issues. Maybe where you are isn't covered by 3G service, so you're only making a GPRS (2.5G connection). That would explain the slow/poor service.

Have you contacted O2 to check the level of quality you're getting? They may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Yes, we have contacted them and which is when they provided us with a new SIM card but nothing has changed. We specifically asked if we're be getting very fast broadband and were told we would. We live in Kilkenny city centre for God's sake! I think it's a joke, I really do.

Edit: We also used the Internet in Limerick and Dublin and it was still extremely slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Maybe you should check and see what sort of connection speeds you are getting.

Try Speedtest

Then give O2 a call. Such technology can't really compete yet with cabled broadband, and it's more designed for business on the go, rather than full home broadband access.

O2 seem to offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm using 02 broadband and it's pretty good, it does disconect now and again but the speeds are great....during the day i'm getting 4mb dowload and 1mb upload, in the evening i'm getting 6mb + constantly....

I'm in tipperary.....not to far from kilkenny...

Advertisement