Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the bourne conspiracy demo??

• 13-05-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

any of ye guys check out this game demo on live yet? trailers for it look great! especially the hand to hand combat:)

and personally i can't wait for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

It's terrible. Probably one of the worst things I've ever played. Demo was deleted 10mins after starting it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

going give it ago later.. want to see what the hype is, though its not a game I was planning on buying..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

youre probably better waiting on the new splinter cell for all the close combat stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bushalicious

i agree with earlier poster. played it last night. awful stuff. the combat system is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Yeh I agree to. No freedom what so ever playing it, really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I downloaded and played this last night and after a few seconds I regretted it. The premise is good, and the music and sound effects are reminiscent of the films.

The graphics are decent, the Embassy escape looks similar to the Movie. But there doesn't appear to be any lighting effects at all - everything looks the same (and kind of fake as a result). I know, I know games aren't real - but we've come to expect a certain quality in graphics and something like this just prevents you from getting into the game.

And that's before the gameplay comes into it - it reminds me of one of the old 'interactive movies' that were popular when CDs were first used for gaming (or one of the original Dragons Lair games). It's not so much a game as it is you watch a cinematic piece then push a few buttons in a quick time event. Your Spidey Senses Bourne Sense tingles and you're prompted to press a button (not always the same button) to perform an action. So it's not as if you can even memorise your way through the level. You get to watch the action more than you feel you are participating or even controlling it.

For example in the subway section, baddies have emergency stopped a train and I'm running down the tracks after them (hold forward button), they start shooting (there's no dodge, duck button but that doesn't matter because there's no cover). I somehow survive the hail of bullets and catch up with the baddie - this launches a 'fight scene'. (Random button press to punch / block).

Then I get hit by a train - I kid you not. I'm on the same track as the obviously stopped / hi-jacked train and yet a train comes out of the blue and hits us. No warning. Nothing.

I really wanted to like this game, but it tries its harded not to let you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Watched a preview of it on some t.v. show the other day, the driving sections looked absolutely awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

any of ye guys check out this game demo on live yet? trailers for it look great! especially the hand to hand combat:)

and personally i can't wait for it?

I'm no doubt in a minority here but I like the game! the driving parts are a bit pooh but they are few and far between, everything else is good. I'm not saying it'll get game of the year anytime soon but it's keeping me thoroughly entertained!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agreed. I'm only about 3 levels in. Camera can be a bit annoying but overall, it's quite fun. I like the combat too. Bit simplistic but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I bought the game cos I liked the demo, and I've got it finished now. There were a couple of annoyances, but overall, I really enjoyed it. For those complaining about the button presses and quick time events in the demo, yes they are used a good bit in the game, but I think the demo gives an inaccurate impression - its not every 5 minutes like it seems to be in the demo.

I loved the boss battles and the hand to hand in general. The gunplay was a bit average, and the camera can be annoying. My main criticism though would be with the cut scenes. These were really wasted opportunities. They're just cut down and paired back copies of key dialogues in the film, but they're cut down to such a degree that, in the game, the plot is completely non-sensical. If you didn't already know the story from the film, then the whole thing would be extremely confusing and unsatisfying. The cut scenes also seem to end ridiculously abruptly at some points - especially the very last end scene.

For example in the subway section, baddies have emergency stopped a train and I'm running down the tracks after them (hold forward button), they start shooting (there's no dodge, duck button but that doesn't matter because there's no cover). I somehow survive the hail of bullets and catch up with the baddie - this launches a 'fight scene'. (Random button press to punch / block).

Then I get hit by a train - I kid you not. I'm on the same track as the obviously stopped / hi-jacked train and yet a train comes out of the blue and hits us. No warning. Nothing.

I'm sorry, what? Did you play the same game I did? The demo showcases three areas of the game - hand to hand combat (the embassy escape), driving (the paris chase) and shooting (the subway section).

There was no "hijacked" train on the lines you run down. The train you jump out of at the start of the level is clearly on a different set of tracks to the trains that approach you. And the hail of bullets for which there is no cover? Try the wall depressions on either side of the track! The aim is to take cover behind these, fire back at the enemies (ie, not run straight at them, you do have a gun for this level you know!) and progress up the tracks dodging in and out of the numerous trains that come at you. Great fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement