Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Respray

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi ye

I have a really nice old custom sprayed steel rigid MTB frame (currently built with Mavic Crossmax, Maguras and XTR bits) but the paint job is really in bits. i have everything working nicely and the last thing now I was thinking of was a respray. Anyone got any ideas where I might get one done with a quick turnaround...? Nothing special... maybe just a nice metallic gloss black or something. I'll look after the decals myself..! I am based in Drogheda but would post/deliver it somewhere within reason. I would really like it back quickly as I am trying to get out more after a year off it.

Thanks in advance

Rats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey Ratsam,

I reckon a bodyshop or panel beating place could do it, maybe tape it up yourslef and just ring them. They would paint it pretty quick and there is so little prep work for them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

gabgab wrote: »
    Hey Ratsam,

I reckon a bodyshop or panel beating place could do it, maybe tape it up yourslef and just ring them. They would paint it pretty quick and there is so little prep work for them,

I'm looking at something similar myself.

Would you have to sand the frame first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Send it to these guys and have it powdercoated:

www.qualitypowdercoating.ie

The process includes sandblasting so prep work is minimal (though you should remove all oil/grease from the frame first). The finish will look better than a paint/spray-can job and they're pretty quick. I had a steel road bike frame done. It cost me about 60 quid and took only a day or three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

I rang them about a month ago and they told me it would cost me about 120 euro. can't afford it now and i need it for a day to day basis, but anytime i've got the chance i'll get it painted.

We could also ask them if there would be any discount for more frames being painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Thanks guys... appreciate that... have a good friend in a panel beating place... should have thought of that...!:o Will give him a shout...!

Rats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Painting

If you find out any more useful info, chuck it there !

Advertisement