Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldurs Gate 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I've just installed (running Vista 32) the game and yes it runs fine. The resolution is a bit crap in fullscreen but it's perfect in windowed mode.

I think someone posted a link to something which corrects the resolution aspect recently. Do a search of this forum for it. It was only a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is that second hand or are they still making it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

just started replaying this last week =D such an epic game.

running on xp with no problems, you'll need to install the patch though.

must get the throne of bhaal expansion, never got around to buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

cool, thanks for the replies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can also get a patch (http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/) to allow for previously unsupported resolutions, including widescreen. I havent tried this patch yet, so you could also try www.widescreengamingforum.com to see if theres anything there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MooseJam wrote: »
    is that second hand or are they still making it ?
    They sell the compilation pack now. It has Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and their expansion packs I picked it up in Gamestop a while ago for about €20, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I havent seen it anywhere, thanks for the info, I should look again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    I havent seen it anywhere, thanks for the info, I should look again

Not sure if they deliver to Ireland, but there's a few on Amazon.co.uk at various prices.

Softuk.com seem to have but can't get into their site from work. Again, don't know if they deliver here. Probably worth trying adverts or ebay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kiith wrote: »
    You can also get a patch (http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/) to allow for previously unsupported resolutions, including widescreen. I havent tried this patch yet, so you could also try www.widescreengamingforum.com to see if theres anything there.

yep I posted about this a while back. Check out the thread here

The game looks AMAZING in full res, I wouldn't go back to the 800x600 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

Have the special edtion at home.
    I've tried a few times, but that game just never drew me in. not a tap on the either NWN's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Lost many months to this gem, might play it again if I can find my CD's over the summer, havent played it in a few years (last time I installed it I had a 7.5gig HDD in my medium:high spec pc, it was a wee while ago).

Advertisement