Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ground cover

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi garbeners
    two years ago i planted a hedge on top of a man made ditch around my site so that i would gain privacy rapidley you know what i mean . my problem is not the weeding as i can keep the sides of the ditch clean with weed killer but i would like to make it more pleasent to the eye. i dont fancy butting mulch there but could put gravel there i sopose but i have a row of sleepers at base of ditch then the driveways there which is in brown stone and house is in brown stone get the picture too much stone . ditch is about 3 ft heigh and 80 ft long with a slight slope of about 60 degrees .if you were in my house looking out from consevatory you would see the ditch and i would like to have it looking nice. commmmunionnnnn next may all replies welcome thanking u big tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Tommy,

Your best bet might be to try to put in some sort of rock garden effort. I am think of weed control barrier with gravel on top and a few mini boulders here and there. Then plant a nice selection of rock garden type plants, ask at your local garden store and they will be able to advise you on what plants fit the bill. I believe rock garden plants are fairly low maintenance but should grow enough over time to take "stone mad" look off your ditch...

My 2 cents... B.

Advertisement