Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Sligo are you from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gillie wrote: »
    episode_03.jpg
    :eek:

:mad:

We have actually been told not to ring the Guards from a mobile, as scanners as being used. Landline only...

Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

sueme wrote: »
    :mad:

We have actually been told not to ring the Guards from a mobile, as scanners as being used. Landline only...

Crazy.

Christ on a bike!
    That's crazy!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Zenchild wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and to ballygawley too :D
    I've lived in like 7/8 different parts of Sligo since I was 5. 27 now :eek:

Hi Zenchild

Might have taken you 7 or 8 goes but you finally got it right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Silver33

hi everyone I'm relatively new - from Cairns hill originally but live in Sea road area now. Think I spend more time at home house than I do in my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Ballygawley man originally, now I'm on mail-coach road.

Lots of building going on around me this last while :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

I'm from the Holy Well Road but been living in Dublin for about 8 years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Cartron Point. Yourself?

Mountain Close.
    Most people call it Cartron Point though!

It is. I lived around the corner from you. Seafield Ave

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Now in Ballymote

Poor you. I used to go to school there a few years ago.

Poor you. I used to go to school there a few years ago.

It's not that bad. There are worse places to live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

It's not that bad. There are worse places to live!

No, honestly I'd hate to live in Ballyremote.

I'm from Carraroe meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

No, honestly I'd hate to live in Ballyremote.

That's nothing! I live near Geevagh!! :D Now that's remote! Been here just over a year. Nothing ever happens here and the local notes in the Sligo Champion read like the parish newsletter. Maybe I should start going to Mass...maybe that's where it's all happening..? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

genie wrote: »
    That's nothing! I live near Geevagh!! :D Now that's remote! Been here just over a year. Nothing ever happens here and the local notes in the Sligo Champion read like the parish newsletter. Maybe I should start going to Mass...maybe that's where it's all happening..? :D

Yea you win, Geevagh is seriously remote. Was there for the WRC rally stages, some fine stone walls you have around there:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Grew up in Collooney.
    Been away and now back resettled in Lovely leitrim. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ya stuck in Ballyremote myself... all my life too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

That's nothing! I live near Geevagh!! :D

How are you on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

geekacycle.jpg

Off Topic (again)

Anyone ever get one of "All de 4s" cabs up Gallows Hill? I always get the urge to pedal!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tut tut people.

Dont put me in a bad humour on this lovely Friday morning.

Keep her between the ditches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

muffler wrote: »
    Keep her between the ditches.

Are you slagging off the Geevagh and Ballymote people?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

MikeySligo wrote: »
    How are you on the internet?

With great difficulty. An Eircom guy accidentally told me that I share my line with 3 other houses. :eek: That peddling thing would probably be quicker and more reliable than what I have now. :rolleyes: If the new houses in Geevagh are ever sold my 'speed' will probably go down even further, to the pace of an asthmatic snail on crutches. :(

And, yes, there are fine stone walls around here. Picking stones off fields was probably the highlight of many a local person's day...there was nothing else to do. Still isn't! :D

There is a 'shop' which is like going back in time 20 years. It opens when they feel like it and shuts at 6pm which means that it is completely useless to anyone who works. So much for supporting your local shop. :rolleyes: If I need anything I go to Ballyfarnon, at least there is a garage and an ATM there too. :)

I should hate Ballyfarnon by rights. Not only do they have a Broadband enabled exchange (I live too far away for it to be of any use), but they also have Fastcom and Digiweb. Geevagh has...fine stone walls...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

With great difficulty. An Eircom guy accidentally told me that I share my line with 3 other houses. :eek: :

yer lucky, in built up areas you can be sharing with up to 30 people
    quoted speeds are MAX speeds, to do with connectivity(?) if it says 2mb 30:1 in paperwork etc means up to 30 sharing the 2mb, something like that anyhu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

From West Sligo but living in town the last few years... I'm not gonna be more specific as I like to try and keep some sort of anonymity. You never know who might be reading.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

born in limerick but have lived in sligo most of my life (ballymote, strandhill, kellystown, maugheraboy- i get around!) and now in beautiful ballisodare- well it was beautiful until all the new developments, one of which im living in:o

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

el_weirdo wrote: »
    I'm not gonna be more specific as I like to try and keep some sort of anonymity. You never know who might be reading.;)
    Jesus, there's no need to be afraid of basquille. He's harmless you know ;)

Its not Basquille he's afraid of.

...specially since...ya know..the lighter incident..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    As the title suggests,where abouts in Sligo are ye all from!

I've been posting here for a while now and to be honest don't know anyone and I'm sure a few other people are the same.

I'm from the very top of Cairns Hill so have a lovely few of the town to one side,Lough Gill to the other,and out towards Ballisodare the other.

Oh and my real name is Mark,no need to call me bobcar anymore:p

Mods,this can be locked if inappropriate

I so dont like you!!! I think thats the most beautiful spot I can think off. we drive through there on the way home just for the view!!
    says a very very jealous me! We are almost in sligo, dromahair, just county Leitrim, are we barred from this thread now??? and now you have to guess where we're from orignally!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I'm originally from the Ransboro area, and have lived in the town for the last three years now, so I'm a sligonian born and bred:D I have a new arrival on the way(:eek:,:D), and so I'd ideally I'd love to live in a small village like coolaney in a few years, or when I can afford it. Still, Sligo is my home, and I love it here, warts and all

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Tubbercurry:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Big_Mac wrote: »
    I'm originally from the Ransboro area, and have lived in the town for the last three years now, so I'm a sligonian born and bred:D I have a new arrival on the way(:eek:,:D), and so I'd ideally I'd love to live in a small village like coolaney in a few years, or when I can afford it. Still, Sligo is my home, and I love it here, warts and all

House prices are coming down in Coolaney, one estate is even doing trade ins.

Advertisement