Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Sligo are you from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

magnumlady wrote: »
    House prices are coming down in Coolaney, one estate is even doing trade ins.

Really? Thats worth a look. Any idea where I can get more info on this, or which estate it is?

As for the scanners thing, anyone who is using a GSM mobile, which is everyone nowadays cannot have their phone calls intercepted with a scanner, they are digital signals and secure. The old analogue phones (088 remember them?) were suceptible to scanners. You will notice that when the long arm of the law are out on duty they will normally tell whoever is on the radio to call them on their mobile, so whatever they say will not be heard on a scanner. (I think I may recall someone telling me how they may have heard this on a scanner previously).... Aah, theres may daily technogeek fix... feel better now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thanks i was dyin to say that but was afriad of gettin a beating from the off-thread stick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Its Ard Laigne, can't see any info on the website, but it was in the Sligo Champion.
    http://www.ardlaighne.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I live on a farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I live on a farm.

Does the farmer know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Does the farmer know?

HA. I LOLd

House prices are coming down in Coolaney, one estate is even doing trade ins.

Thanks Magnumlady. They look good and definitely interest me. Would like my new arrival to grow up somewhere like that. I've sent them an email to ask about it. Any ideas on what Type A are selling for? They haven't listed on their site

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Thanks Magnumlady. They look good and definitely interest me. Would like my new arrival to grow up somewhere like that. I've sent them an email to ask about it. Any ideas on what Type A are selling for? They haven't listed on their site

I'd a mosey up there the other day. The layouts of the bedrooms are not brilliant (a very common fault with housing developments in Ireland) & the living rooms are quite small, but it's a nice development & area. Ring McCarricks to get prices... 0719144300. I don't think they're Section 23 houses - as far as I know that's finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

They haven't started building type A yet.
    We were asking about them when we looked at the show house.
    I agree with starbelgrade about the layout, could be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Does the farmer know?

:eek: *sssh*

• Advertisement

They haven't started building type A yet.
    We were asking about them when we looked at the show house.
    I agree with starbelgrade about the layout, could be better.

Thanks guys, I sent them an email there yesterday but no response as of yet :mad:. did have a look at the Type A on the website and I agree that the layout is quite poor. That said, I'd be willing to forsake that for an affordable house for me and mine in a nice quiet village. Must ring them tomorrow. Fingers crossed.....

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I sent them an email there yesterday but no response as of yet :mad:. did have a look at the Type A on the website and I agree that the layout is quite poor. That said, I'd be willing to forsake that for an affordable house for me and mine in a nice quiet village. Must ring them tomorrow. Fingers crossed.....

The good thing about buying before they build is that you can request changes to the layout - though I would advise making it a condition of purchase & have it written into the contract - if you make changes after it's built, you'll usually run into extra costs with electrical & plumbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'm from Strandhill/Coolera. When myself and my intended scrape the money together for house and wedding, I'll have to leave as we couldn't afford the prices. It's not a nice feeling leaving where you grew up because civil servants and middle management types have pushed up house prices to insane levels. Have access to a site but will probably/definitely not get planning. Will probably end up almost twenty miles away. And then you have to listen to politicians and planners spouting off about creating a sense of community? Personally, I'd love if we had kids to send them where I went to school, but it's not going to happen I'm afraid. I get to grow up somewhere lovely and then have to p1ss off to raise my own family, while wealthier peers move in and procalim themselves "locals" and sit outside the Strand on nice evening having a drink. I've lost count the amount of times I've been asked if I was a tourist or a "blow in" by people who've been there only a few years themselves. This is making me angry. I'm going to get ready for the rugby later. That is all.:mad::o:pac: (actually, what does the pacman smilie signify? It's like a grin, right? Or does it mean "I'm 30+ and remember tabletop Pacman games in chippers?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

il gatto wrote: »
    I've lost count the amount of times I've been asked if I was a tourist or a "blow in" by people who've been there only a few years themselves. This is making me angry.

Uh, that would make me downright homocidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

From Maugheraboiiiiiiiiii Sham, and I am suprised I am the first to say it Up the MRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Did we play curbs?

Curbs FTW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Curbs FTW!!!

Where I'm from, we had bicycles. You poor things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

sueme wrote: »
    Where I'm from, we had bicycles. You poor things...

???
    Your just jealous! You probably didn't have curbs to play curbs on where you were from!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I taught my best mates little one to play curbs the other day! She'd never heard of it! :eek:

She beat me too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sorry, but in my neck of the woods, curbs was something you were sent to the clinic for. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Maybe there is a place in Sligo called curbs - if there is then it appears that there is an awful lot of people from there that are boards users.

Back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

Rosehill. We were big curbs players up there......redarmyblues how do neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Cranmore...Stephen Street.....Woodtown Lodge..... and finally settled Ballisadare! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dublin....but now am living in beautiful Knockarea. My parents left Da Hood (Tallaght )when I was younger. ;)

DenMan wrote: »
    Dublin....but now am living in beautiful Knockarea. My parents left Da Hood (Tallaght )when I was younger. ;)

In Knocknera?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

It is not too far from Strandhill. Surely you must have heard of Queen Maeve, well her grave is on the Knocknarea Mountain. Your supposed to be from Sligo...:confused:

DenMan wrote: »
    It is not too far from Strandhill. Surely you must have heard of Queen Maeve, well her grave is on the Knocknarea Mountain. Your supposed to be from Sligo...:confused:

:rolleyes: Of Course!

It's just you never hear someone say there are in Knocknera. I actually work in Strandhill.

Call in for a coffee sometime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭slapbangwhallop

From Maugheraboiiiiiiiiii Sham, and I am suprised I am the first to say it Up the MRA.

The Gits rule MRA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

And welcome to boards.ie, slapbangwallop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Outside Curry, Co. Sligo.

Advertisement