Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Sligo are you from?

Options
1235»

Comments

Pm his name I might have an idea. Grew up here in the 80/90s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Seen that thanks, taking my chances the poster might see it!

• Round here these days, any post is a worthwhile post 😁.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not from Sligo but will be moving there soon - what does a blow in need to know about Sligo? 😊

• Advertisement

• It all depends what you need to know, ask away and we'll see what info we can provide you with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well I suppose we need to get the basic stuff organised first - like recommendations for waste disposal and oil deliveries. I see there are a few bin companies operating, do they all cover all areas or will I need to check with each one if they cover our area does anyone know?

• Ah right, the basic stuff. Waste disposal, I'd say is either Barna Waste or Greenstar. As far as I know, all areas in the county are covered.

Oil deliveries. If you google that you'll get a good few options. The prices are nearly all the same at any given time. I personally use "Top Oil". Good customer service and fast delivery and drivers always a friendly crew.

Perhaps might be best to use the Sligo Chit Chat thread from here on? The Sligo Forum, as with many others, has been a bit quiet of late, but I'm sure there will be plenty other as well as myself who will be pleased to answer any questions you have.

Myself and my partner blew into this corner of the island 25 years ago. No regrets whatsoever. Kids born here, grown up and flown the nest. It was a fabulous place for them to grow up and to be a family, fabulous.

Sligo and County Sligo has soooo much to offer, ask away. It will be good to have a few voices to liven up these echo'y halls, and best wishes with the move.

Thank you so much Chauncey, yes I will join the chit chat thread for any other basic stuff. We've spent a good bit of time in Sligo but usually for weekends or a week off work - holidays - which is very different to living here but we're both really looking forward to it. I'll decamp to the other thread for any more of the day to day questions 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement