Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Versions

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I just thought it would be interesting to start a thread about great cover versions of songs, and maybe some bad ones.
    To start off with:
    Good:
    Tainted Love - Soft Cell. Fantastic cover of the old Gloria Jones song. The definitive version.
    Bad:
    Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson. Awful, sounds like a kareoke version of Soft Cell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I like the Muse version of Please, Please, Please... by the Smiths. Also Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I like the Fall Out Boy version of Michael Jackson's Beat It :D

Gives it a bit of bite :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Also Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, obviously.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

Personal Jesus, he sounds like a genuine southern con-man preacher.
    One, Hurt. I'm not a huge fan of Johnny Cash, but at his best, he's brilliant. I don't think he's ever written a song, which is probably why he's so good at interpreting other people's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

Rosalie by Thin Lizzy .... a Bob Seeger song I think?

To Ramona by Sinead Lohan ..... a Bob Dylan song

• Advertisement
Advertisement