Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootable CompactFlash

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am about to build a computer for processing large data sets and the most recent copy of linux format suggests putting the operating system on a bootable CompactFlash, the idea being that they are faster than a hard disc, redundant in case of OS failure and about the right size. Does anyone have any experience with this; beyond buying a IDE to CompactFlash adapter is there much hacking to be done? Will this put some surprising restriction on my choice of mobo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cjhoughton

I guess no one has experience with this; I will have a go and let you know how I get on. It turns out bootable IDE to CF adapters are easy to get on ebay.

Advertisement