Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Driver

• 14-05-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Yesterday, my teenage daughter left her mobile phone in the back of a taxi. She got the taxi at the rank in town and didnt notice which company it belonged to so we assumed that was the last she would see of her phone. This morning, she went into school to find that the taxi driver had found her phone and gone to the trouble of driving up to the school and handing it in there for her to collect. I really didnt think that anyone would bother trying to return an inexpensive phone to a teenager but this guy has restored my faith in peoples kindness.

I dont know who the driver is so cant thank him but maybe he'll read this or maybe you know who he is and can thank him for me. His time and trouble are much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Good stuff.

As far as I know you can report it to whatever taxi regulations office is up there, and they'll commend the driver - Would be worth finding out who he was tbh!

There's some good heads out there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Good stuff, I had the opposite experience with a wallet recently. I left it in the cab. Realised just after the guy turned the corner and called the taxi company about it. (I live 20 mins from their office in the countryside so no fare could have been picked up in the meantime). Somehow when they returned to the office the wallet had vanished :rolleyes:

You wouldnt mind but I wasnt actually drunk or anything. I just paid the guy, left the wallet on the seat to get out and forgot it.

I wont name the company, but I will never use them again either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

similar story posted here recently someone left a brand new iphone in the taxi and the driver got it back to him fairplay to him...

as for the guy that stole your wallet mate....thats bad form..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

c - 13 wrote: »
    Good stuff, I had the opposite experience with a wallet recently. I left it in the cab. Realised just after the guy turned the corner and called the taxi company about it. (I live 20 mins from their office in the countryside so no fare could have been picked up in the meantime). Somehow when they returned to the office the wallet had vanished :rolleyes:

You wouldnt mind but I wasnt actually drunk or anything. I just paid the guy, left the wallet on the seat to get out and forgot it.

I wont name the company, but I will never use them again either.

Maybe, maybe not, I did a booked fare to the airport once, dropped them off and headed off for next fare, got about 10/15 mins away when on the radio " did you find such n such's wallet, they dropped it in your taxi!"
    Needless to say no wallet, " Base "Can you ring them then" So rang them amd basicly told that I was robbing them because the wallet must have been in the cab. Sweet Irony when later in the day I did get an apologetic call " Realy sorry, the airport police picked my wallet up on the drop off ramp and traced me through the works id in it....sorry...sorry mumble mumble....."

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not, I did a booked fare to the airport once, dropped them off and headed off for next fare, got about 10/15 mins away when on the radio " did you find such n such's wallet, they dropped it in your taxi!"
    Needless to say no wallet, " Base "Can you ring them then" So rang them amd basicly told that I was robbing them because the wallet must have been in the cab. Sweet Irony when later in the day I did get an apologetic call " Realy sorry, the airport police picked my wallet up on the drop off ramp and traced me through the works id in it....sorry...sorry mumble mumble....."

Bad apples, but it's still pretty decent that they did ring back.

Most people wouldn't swallow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Fair play! There are still decent people around.

Advertisement