Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCENT Test question

Options
  • 14-05-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Whilst going through the CCENT test questions in the CCNA prep centre on the cisco.com website I got this question:
    27. Which two of these addresses are private IP addresses? (Choose two.)

A) 10.215.34.124
    B) 127.16.71.43
    C) 172.17.10.10
    D) 225.200.15.10

I chose A and C because it only asked for 2 and since 127.x.x.x is the loop back address then they must be looking for 2 assignable addresses. According to their corrections, the correct answer is B and C - A is marked incorrect.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I would think its a mistake

Class B Private address range is 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255

Which would cover the answers B & C being in a Class B Private Address Range, if Answer B was a typo 172 instead of 127.

Class A Private Address range is 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255

Which covers Answer A.

I would have answered A & C aswell.

Answer D is unusable

Addresses 224.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255 are designated as multicast addresses formerly called "Class D" from Wiki

Are you doing the CCENT Axer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

A and C are definately the correct answers.

An incorrect answer was given by the site.

You'll come across this every so often.

You'll even come across study guides giving down right incorrect information!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

accensi0n wrote: »
    Are you doing the CCENT Axer?
    Hopefully sitting it on the 30th of this month.

If they can make mistakes on their test questions I am wondering can they do the same on the real questions.

Some of the practice questions are just so vague e.g.:
    1. What is the most tangible benefit of wireless implementations?
    a) cost reduction
    b) increased mobility
    c) better productivity
    d) improved security
    I said b but the answer is a - maybe i'm wrong.
    14. Match each connectivity function to the appropriate Ethernet type. <Ethernet 10BASE-T> or <Fast Ethernet> or <Gigabit Ethernet>
    14a. At the end-user level, gives high-performance, PC workstation 100-Mbps access to a server
    14b. Not typically used at the end-user level; at the workgroup level, provides connectivity between the end user and workgroups; at the backbone level, provides interswitch connectivity for low- to medium-volume applications
    14c. At the workgroup level, provides high-performance connectivity to the enterprise server
    14d. At the backbone level, provides backbone and interswitch connectivity
    14e. At the end-user level, provides connectivity between the end user and the user-level switch
    14f. Provides interswitch connectivity for low- to medium-volume applications
    I'd pick:
    14a: <Fast Ethernet>
    14b: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    14c: <Fast Ethernet>
    14d: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    14e: <Fast Ethernet> CORRECT ANSWER <Ethernet 10BASE-T>
    14f: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    Do people still install 10mb connections from end-users to switches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Could you let me know how you get on?, my CCNA expired and I just started back studying for it again.

I've a bunch of study aids, books, video's etc but i've no idea what the exam will be like. Hoping to take the exam around the end of the month too but Ive a lot to cover in the mean time

On the questions above, I'm answering the same as you. I wonder are they old CCNA questions? but your right, you would think they would be correct on the Cisco site..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

axer wrote: »
    Hopefully sitting it on the 30th of this month.

If they can make mistakes on their test questions I am wondering can they do the same on the real questions.

Some of the practice questions are just so vague e.g.:
    I said b but the answer is a - maybe i'm wrong.

I'd pick:
    14a: <Fast Ethernet>
    14b: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    14c: <Fast Ethernet>
    14d: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    14e: <Fast Ethernet> CORRECT ANSWER <Ethernet 10BASE-T>
    14f: <Gigabit Ethernet>
    Do people still install 10mb connections from end-users to switches?

There are lots of stuff that still has only 10Mbit connection. Most of them are not Desktops or Laptops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

rom wrote: »
    There are lots of stuff that still has only 10Mbit connection. Most of them are not Desktops or Laptops.
    Yes, the question is very vague that I would presume that the connection would be 100mbit for the majority of end users nowadays unless the network connection or device is incapable of 100mb.

Advertisement