Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken spices ??

• 14-05-2008 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

didnt know what to call the title :) sorry

basically i eat boiled chicken with pasta and a dolmio stir in sauce

just wondering is there any low fat sauce , spice i can use so that when i oven cool the chicken fillets i dont have to eat them when there bland and basic

something to make the mouth water , something to add a taste

any help is appreciated

at the moment i uses chicken in a chassuer sauce , stir fry , pasta

want to use it with rice but something decent to cook it in or even eat on its own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Schwartz do lovely (chicken specific) ones. Check your local supermarket. I'll get you the actual names when I get home tonight. I just stick the spices on and lash them in the oven (no boiling). Delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Schwartz Allspice is delish. It's technically meant for gammon and pork but since being introduced to it I've got a habit of sprinkling it on everything :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get down to the asian shops for some great spices. Sesame oil is lovely, or soak in soy sauce, or garlic. Tandoori mix is great stuff, to make it properly it needs yoghurt & oil & lemon, but the spice on its own is fine.

Pataks are a well respected brand amongst the Indian community, very good products. They have a vindaloo and madras which are very hot. I just have a jar in the fridge and use a tiny spoon on chicken, it is pretty low fat anyways.

I also mix mustard with low fat salad cream and put in a iceberg leaf as a wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

For spicy fajita style chicken, I make a rub consisting of chilli powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, sugar, oregano and black pepper. I slice up my chicken and slice some peppers and onions to go with it, and fry them up with a little oil. Then a couple of mins before they're ready to serve, I sprinkle on as much of the spices as I fancy, and then cook for a minute or two further.

I used to eat this with fajita breads, but when I am watching the carbs a little, I eat it on its own, perhaps with a little salsa, sour cream and grated cheese on top. Very spicy and filling and very low in calories (provided you watch the cream and cheese portions!).

Advertisement