Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night of a Thousand Corsets - Beers, June 20th D2 Harcourt Street *change of venue*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, I is scared
    Mirror wrote: »
    Does anybody play the role of photographer for the night? I think it would be good to have a bunch of photos of the night in general :)

I'd do it myself, but I don't have my new Nikon yet :(

Some of the Brothers and Wimmins don't like their pics online, so that is generally respected.

There is no "official" photographer, but if you look at the other beers threads, you'll see some photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

No, I is scared
    DesF wrote: »
    Some of the Brothers and Wimmins don't like their pics online, so that is generally respected.

There is no "official" photographer, but if you look at the other beers threads, you'll see some photos.
    Ah yes, good point, that never occurred to me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

No, I is scared

some of us are afraid them cameras steal your soul :eek::eek:

Me I wont look in the mirror for fear that scary guy who is always there looking back might get me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I is scared
    Does anybody play the role of photographer for the night? I think it would be good to have a bunch of photos of the night in general :)

I'd do it myself, but I don't have my new Nikon yet :(

This is something that can destroy a good night out.

Personally, I am an attention whore, so I don't mind my pictures being put online.

But I am in the minority, which is probably a good thing.

The vast majority of people have Real Lives and don't want their online life to encroach upon it in anyway. How do you tell your non-Boards.ie Significant Other that you are going for a few pints with a room full of hot wimmins in corsets? Not everybody gets it.

So pictures are generally frowned upon, unless the subject of the picture has no problem with it.

Actually, if anyone can get a picture of trout in a compromising position on the 20th, give me a shout. We can do business.

No, I is scared
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    This is true.

I don't mind photos, but if anyone even attempts to FILM me, moving images, I'll drop the phone/camera in a pint.

Srsly.
    Personally, I am an attention whore, so I don't mind my pictures being put online.
    Me too :pac:

The vast majority of people have Real Lives
    Heh.

LIES, DAMNED LIES.

• Advertisement

No, I is scared

But I am in the minority, which is probably a good thing.

The vast majority of people have Real Lives and don't want their online life to encroach upon it in anyway. How do you tell your non-Boards.ie Significant Other that you are going for a few pints with a room full of hot wimmins in corsets? Not everybody gets it.

So pictures are generally frowned upon, unless the subject of the picture has no problem with it.

Actually, if anyone can get a picture of trout in a compromising position on the 20th, give me a shout. We can do business.

I wouldn't put it like that for a start! :pac: :D

You're right though, while I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I wouldn't call myself an attention whore but I wouldn't mind my picture being taken at all.

I think it would be nice to have some degree of group shot, absolutely optional. Or something really simple like a sticker system? You know those little round stickers, about the size of a one cent coin? People who don't mind being in photos could wear one, or the other way around depending on which is the minority?

No, I is scared
    Heh.

LIES, DAMNED LIES.

I did say majority.

You and me are not in the majority. :(

No, I is scared
    I wouldn't put it like that for a start! :pac: :D

You're right though, while I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I wouldn't call myself an attention whore but I wouldn't mind my picture being taken at all.

I think it would be nice to have some degree of group shot, absolutely optional. Or something really simple like a sticker system? You know those little round stickers, about the size of a one cent coin? People who don't mind being in photos could wear one, or the other way around depending on which is the minority?

Or, you could just, you know, ask people.

No, I is scared
    True! :)

I think I'm just excited and trying to be overly proactive....

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, I is scared

agreed, the other problem is you have to make sure no one is in background shots etc etc. and unless your Monkey Fudge a lot of people will just find people going around taking photos of everyone a bit annoying

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    agreed, the other problem is you have to make sure no one is in background shots etc etc. and unless your Monkey Fudge a lot of people will just find people going around taking photos of everyone a bit annoying
    Right, I'll either forget my camera, or spend the night taking pictures of myself in funny places/poses...

Here's me sitting in a urinal!
    Here's me moonwalking on the bar!
    Here's me engaged in a deep political debate with my pint!
    Here's my pint winning the debate, and forcing me to drink it, and ten of it's friends!
    Here's me unconscious on the floor! Wait, who took this...??

etc...

:D

No, I is scared
    True! :)

I think I'm just excited and trying to be overly proactive....

\o/

The one thing you have to remember is that you will have a room full of ultimately, very drunk people.

If you get all "organisationally" and start giving out stickers or nametags or that that kind of stuff, you begin to scare people.

Bring a can of condensed milk, have a few scoops and enjoy yourself.

If you over-analyse, or over-organise it, you won't enjoy it.

No, I is scared
    The one thing you have to remember is that you will have a room full of ultimately, very drunk people.

If you get all "organisationally" and start giving out stickers or nametags or that that kind of stuff, you begin to scare people.

Bring a can of condensed milk, have a few scoops and enjoy yourself.

If you over-analyse, or over-organise it, you won't enjoy it.
    Right you are! ;)

Pint?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

No, I is scared
    Well personally I can't have my Pic online as it will mess up my International Woman of Mystery job.

No, I is scared
    pretty much think of it as just a few beers with your mates, just nice and relaxed as that is generally the mood of the night even if you have never met the people before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

No, I is scared
    And bring condensed milk unless you're sure you know who you're meeting up with.

No, I is scared
    RedXIV wrote: »
    And bring condensed milk unless you're sure you know who you're meeting up with.

WRONG

Bring Condensed Milk if this is your first BGRH Beers.

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    pretty much think of it as just a few beers with your mates, just nice and relaxed as that is generally the mood of the night even if you have never met the people before
    I think I've becaome the quiet scared one in your minds now...

This is very much not the case :pac:

No, I is scared

WRONG

Where does all the condensed milk go??

No, I is scared

WRONG

correct

and the drinks a couple of weeks ago in the bull and castle doesn't count as it wasn't a beers, so you still have to bring one

• Advertisement

No, I is scared

Don't go there.

No, I is scared

:D

So far I have amassed 30 tins of it.

I have 29 left after irishbird made a delicious banoffee pie on Friday.

Because it was so delicious, she will be required to make more of them.

Therefore, more cans are required to keep me in Banoffee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No, I is scared

Des is the keeper of the condensed milk

No, I is scared

WRONG

After my experiences, i'll be bringing them or banners annoucing who i am and which website i'm partying with. Every time

No, I is scared
    After my experiences, i'll be bringing them or banners annoucing who i am and which website i'm partying with. Every time

rofl

************WARNING***************

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK IF YOU ARE IN WORK.

No, I is scared
    Half tempted to go through it to see if i recognise any of them

No, I is scared
    rofl

I'm in work.

*click*

:pac:

No, I is scared
    rofl

I actually think that is worthy of inclusion in the Wiki.

As a warning to newbies and the importance of bringing Condensed Milk.

No, I is scared
    Ah no, let em all fall for it like i did. might even send an email to swingers, telling em when we meet up just so newbies can suffer as i did :D

(i'm not bitter i swear, i just saw how much jsb laughed when he heard, i want to be that happy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

No, I is scared
    Ah no, let em all fall for it like i did. might even send an email to swingers, telling em when we meet up just so newbies can suffer as i did :D

(i'm not bitter i swear, i just saw how much jsb laughed when he heard, i want to be that happy)

huh whats this about swingers?

Did you meet up with the swingers?

Advertisement