Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night of a Thousand Corsets - Beers, June 20th D2 Harcourt Street *change of venue*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

No, I is scared
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Yes folks it's time for some Midsummer Madness right here on BGRH. Our next official Beers is moving to the Great Outdoors. No, we haven't lost the run of ourselves, we have, however, got ourselves the finest beer garden in Dublin (it says here).

Note: Due to the lack of warm fuzzy feeling about Dicey Riley's, and due to their management refusing to accommodate latecomers, we have changed venue to D2. In true BGRH style, it is only a couple of meters up the road

What: Night of a Thousand Corsets, the BGRH Midsummer Beers (Ladies, you know what you have to do)
    Were: D2 Harcourt Street. Map here.
    When: Friday, June 20th
    Time: 5:30pm till late

All are welcome, especially lurkers, newbies and Brothers recently banned from the Soccer forum.

If you don't want to walk into a room full of strangers, don't worry! PM me, or any of the regulars and we can make arrangements to meet beforehand. We do this all the time. Just ask GrahamThomas.

Serious Note: As we all know, the internet is full of weird and wonderful people. It brings people together for many, many reasons. We here on BGRH use it to go on the piss together. Some people use it to, well, piss on each other. Seriously. At a recent unofficial beers, a newbie ended up in the middle of a swingers party, details here. So kids, for your own protection, make sure you get your tin of condensed milk and make the Internet a safer place.

Will there be grub there?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

No, I is scared
    Will there be a controlled explosion on the cans? Mmmmm... toffee flavoured walls...

Hrmm... post i replied to is gone *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

No, I is scared
    Degsy wrote: »
    Will there be grub there?

There will be food served until around 9.30 I think

No, I is scared
    There will be food served until around 9.30 I think

Splendid.One needs a stomach lining at these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

No, I is scared
    Aspiration wrote: »
    Will there be a controlled explosion on the cans? Mmmmm... toffee flavoured walls...

Hrmm... post i replied to is gone *shrugs*

The powers that be got me they want to keep me quiet:eek:
    I may have to turn up at this event and ruin it in person now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No, I is scared
    Rob_l wrote: »
    The powers that be got me they want to keep me quiet:eek:
    I may have to turn up at this event and ruin it in person now

I'll look forward to meeting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

No, I is scared
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    I'll look forward to meeting you.

Thats quite a lie, no one looks forward to meeting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No, I is scared

Yes they do. But the regret it alter. :p

So.. is there a master list of expected attendees? (sorry if its been posted already, I havent been in this thread in about 2 weeks)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, I is scared
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Yes they do. But the regret it alter. :p

So.. is there a master list of expected attendees? (sorry if its been posted already, I havent been in this thread in about 2 weeks)

Click on one of the numbers in the poll and it'll display a full list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No, I is scared

Thats quiet the insult calling me a liar.
    Makes me look forward to meeting you all the more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No, I is scared
    Well brothers and brotherettes, it's like this... This weekend is Galway LAN and my lift leaves on Friday after work, so I will not be able to make it :( I might be able to make it on for a very quick pint on my way from the office to my flat (it's on the way) if people are there nice and early, but that's all I can commit to I'm afraid :(

I do hope ye have fun and in my absence, I'll try to astrally project myself there when I get settled in Galway :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

No, I is scared
    Ahhhhh nooooo the first of the drop outs....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

No, I is scared
    Kharn wrote: »
    Well brothers and brotherettes, it's like this... This weekend is Galway LAN and my lift leaves on Friday after work, so I will not be able to make it :( I might be able to make it on for a very quick pint on my way from the office to my flat (it's on the way) if people are there nice and early, but that's all I can commit to I'm afraid :(

I do hope ye have fun and in my absence, I'll try to astrally project myself there when I get settled in Galway :D

There will be early-nerds there from 17:30 -ish ... please do pop in.
    Bring some of that lovely melodic tuneful music yore so fond of ... like the Piss Destroying Pyscho Angels of Ass Destruction perhaps, or the Blood Spattered Corpse Grinders. :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No, I is scared
    I just got their new album actually, it's something of a retrospective view on humanity's descent into apathy and the need for war as a means of driving the world economy. Touching stuff.

No, I is scared
    Kharn wrote: »
    I just got their new album actually, it's something of a retrospective view on humanity's descent into apathy and the need for war as a means of driving the world economy. Touching stuff.

Concept albums are so 1970s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

No, I is scared
    Indeed, with a sub-plot of how globalisation, cheap travel, immunisation and easy access to the Internet has transformed the half-life of the zombie unwashed proletariat who can now form self governing & well informed, ever growing armies of the undead, at a local level.

Which is progress of a sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No, I is scared
    GinnyJo wrote: »
    Ahhhhh nooooo the first of the drop outs....:(

You keeping the score sheet up to date then Ginny?

No, I is scared
    Yeah, yeah, I have an excel spreadsheet all done up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, I is scared
    so what other information are you keeping on this spreadsheet

No, I is scared
    Thats on a need to know basis...:D

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    hmmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure I like this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Thats on a need to know basis...:D
    Tell me, is there a line where the numbers 36,24 and 36 appear in consecutive columns?

No, I is scared
    well as Ginny is a woman i'd say she would probably be more inclined to have a column on mens "shoe" sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

No, I is scared
    jsb wrote: »
    well as Ginny is a woman i'd say she would probably be more inclined to have a column on mens "shoe" sizes

mens shoe and dress sizes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

No, I is scared
    Huzzah for friday and impending admiration of women in corsets. And beer. Oh yes, the beer.

Then it's off to Sweden not three days later for further admiration of females of a Swedish kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

No, I is scared
    Kharn isnt the first to drop out

There are at least 5 others who have pulled out for various reasons

However unlike Ginny I am only keeping track to confirm numbers to the venue :p

No, I is scared
    Kharn isnt the first to drop out

There are at least 5 others who have pulled out for various reasons

However unlike Ginny I am only keeping track to confirm numbers to the venue :p

No doubt there'll be some others who show up at the last minute..i may be one.

No, I is scared
    Degsy wrote: »
    No doubt there'll be some others who show up at the last minute..i may be one.

You have your name down, so therefore you wouldn't be a last-minute attendee, you're already counted in the official numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, I is scared
    I'm definately now unable to make it... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

No, I is scared
    I'm definately now unable to make it... :(

AWWWWW this is sad, sad news.

To add to the sad news, its looking like my corset is not fit for wearing. I'm trying desperatley to rectify this but at the mo, chewie will be attending corsetless. :(

Advertisement