Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night of a Thousand Corsets - Beers, June 20th D2 Harcourt Street *change of venue*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

No, I is scared
    Wilburt wrote: »
    That was me.

You're lucky i was in a good mood! I don't take kindly to having my meat stolen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No, I is scared
    Shoulda looked after it better, instead of leaving it there on the plate, taunting me, teasing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

No, I is scared
    congrats to The Recliner in being elevated to Elder Brother.

Oh and I think it is time for the ladies to organise a September beers

No, I is scared
    Shoulda looked after it better, instead of leaving it there on the plate, taunting me, teasing me...

I didn't leave it there unattended, i was looking for a fork..

No, I is scared
    indeed, well il know better next time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

No, I is scared
    s&mbarbie wrote: »
    I didn't leave it there unattended, i was looking for a fork..

Watch out though...I heard he breaks girls legs for some lulz.

No, I is scared
    Spankeh wrote: »
    Watch out though...I heard he breaks girls legs for some lulz.

I'm not as sweet as i look you know...

No, I is scared
    Well you didn't go lunging at me when I attempted to steal the steak (I wouldn't have eaten it anyway, just looking for a reaction) however we will take your word for it that you are a tough cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I is scared
    Zaph wrote: »
    Ah no, no commotion, we just want to know what sh1te Brother Tom was spouting the other night. :D

Assembled Brethren, wimmins and Lavender Boy, allow me to clarify. I fear young Wilburt has gotten slightly ahead of himself today.

He made inquiries to his status earlier this week, where it was agreed he was of the order of a peon. It was decided serf was too good for him. However, it has come to my attention that the young lad has demonstrated a wealth of knowledge beyond his years. The "Rasher Sambo Evening" was duly noted with admiration by a number of the Brethren. His ability to consume copious amounts of beer while maintain the ability to string more than five coherent words together is an admirable trait. His willingness to investigate beer of 14% strength will certainly go down in the Scrolls of the Brethren, even if it tasted like fermented battery acid. The manner in which he carried himself on Friday night, between steak, beer and wimmins, was noted by myself, Brother DesF and Brother Sister Zaphorina.

However, despite these many qualities, it is apparent that young Wilburt is lacking two vital ingredients to confer the stauts of Elder Brethen upon him - namely the receding hairline and the beer gut. And I fear that it may be some time before he will attain said ingredients.

So with that in mind, I am proposing we invoke Rule 14, Section 2, sub-section 4(a), paragraph 2 that states "When a potential younger Brother fails to meet all the criteria to bestow the honour of Elder Brother upon him, an Elder Brother may propose a new classification of Brother as appropriate. This new classification must be agreed upon by at least two other Elder Brethren before it becomes official."

I therefore propose that young Wilburt be designated as Brother of Elevated Status (with good potential).

What say you?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

No, I is scared
    Well done Tom, I only (almost) nodded off the once :pac:

I do believe, however, that Will is very worthy of this status!!! :D

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    It seems I still have to achieve the receeding hairline and beer gut, well I have one but it isnt that big ;_;

*changes his location*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm pretty happy with mine tbh

No, I is scared
    ChewChew wrote: »
    Well done Tom, I only (almost) nodded off the once :pac:

I do believe, however, that Will is very worthy of this status!!! :D

Young Lady, this is a momentous occasion in BGRH and is not to be mocked. If you have nothing constructive to contribute, I may be forced to invoke Rule 2, Section 7, paragraph 9, section (a), sub-section (i). Which, if I could remember what it was, would show you.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, I is scared
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Assembled Brethren, wimmins and Lavender Boy, allow me to clarify. I fear young Wilburt has gotten slightly ahead of himself today.

He made inquiries to his status earlier this week, where it was agreed he was of the order of a peon. It was decided serf was too good for him. However, it has come to my attention that the young lad has demonstrated a wealth of knowledge beyond his years. The "Rasher Sambo Evening" was duly noted with admiration by a number of the Brethren. His ability to consume copious amounts of beer while maintain the ability to string more than five coherent words together is an admirable trait. His willingness to investigate beer of 14% strength will certainly go down in the Scrolls of the Brethren, even if it tasted like fermented battery acid. The manner in which he carried himself on Friday night, between steak, beer and wimmins, was noted by myself, Brother DesF and Brother Sister Zaphorina.

However, despite these many qualities, it is apparent that young Wilburt is lacking two vital ingredients to confer the stauts of Elder Brethen upon him - namely the receding hairline and the beer gut. And I fear that it may be some time before he will attain said ingredients.

So with that in mind, I am proposing we invoke Rule 14, Section 2, sub-section 4(a), paragraph 2 that states "When a potential younger Brother fails to meet all the criteria to bestow the honour of Elder Brother upon him, an Elder Brother may propose a new classification of Brother as appropriate. This new classification must be agreed upon by at least two other Elder Brethren before it becomes official."

I therefore propose that young Wilburt be designated as Brother of Elevated Status (with good potential).

What say you?

If it means I don't have to read something that long again, which came close to breaching the cardinal rule that it required more effort than was necessary, I say aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, I is scared
    Approved

No, I is scared
    Zaph wrote: »
    If it means I don't have to read something that long again, which came close to breaching the cardinal rule that it required more effort than was necessary, I say aye.
    DesF wrote: »
    Approved

And so it was passed.

I hereby declare Brother Wilburt is to be henceforth known as Brother Wilburt of Elevated Status (with good potential).

Could somebody update the Wiki, because I couldn't be arsed after all that effort. I need a beer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, I is scared
    Could somebody update the Wiki, because I couldn't be arsed after all that effort. I need a beer.

Where's Nerin when you need him?

No, I is scared
    *Rejoices* hurrah!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

No, I is scared
    Young Lady, this is a momentous occasion in BGRH and is not to be mocked. If you have nothing constructive to contribute, I may be forced to invoke Rule 2, Section 7, paragraph 9, section (a), sub-section (i). Which, if I could remember what it was, would show you.

thats quiet alright Tom. I've backed back into my corner!!

Well done again Wilburt. you sooo deserve it!! :pac:

No, I is scared
    congrats brother Wilburt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

No, I is scared
    I vaguely recall mentioning to Brother Des about changing my username to fatboy slimfast? But I have decided to do it as a AKA under my name! Was excellent night and was a good job I had a mic last night as my voice had almost gone.

People I remember: Panda100, Splinter, Agent_Smith, Tom, Des, Windsock, (no you can't have my shirt!) jsb, Admiral, sTubh Dearg, dfx-, spankeh, willburt, and anyone else who now knows me!

No, I is scared

Wiki updated*

*may need to be edited

No, I is scared
    I really didn't break her foot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

No, I is scared

Hmmm. A likely story.

We all saw the carry on, what with kicking her good foot, and moving her cripple-sticks away.

You don't fool me, young man. I have yore measure :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

No, I is scared

:eek:

:(

No, I is scared
    *kicks cmol's good foot again and hobbles off with her cripple sticks*

BWAHAHA LULZ

No, I is scared
    Cmol wrote: »
    :eek:

:(

I know denial about his actions, it really is a sad case of affairs

No, I is scared
    doesn't JSB stand for 'just some b!tch'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

No, I is scared
    doesn't JSB stand for 'just some b!tch'?

Careful now ... or he'll bring the neodymium magnets out :cool:

• Advertisement

No, I is scared
    my jewelry isnt magnetised thankfully. Ah jsb knows I am only joking :)

Advertisement