Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you correct the spelling!?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Just a slight niggle, skeptic is the American spelling. Sceptic is the one most used over here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

I use skeptic.
    Maybe we can use sceptick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I use skepdick :D

Great to see this forum! Were people actually requesting it? Where did it come from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Our annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its a forum for the people who dont believe in any form of the paranormal in any way shape or form to discuss how those who open their minds to the slightest possiblity of a spiritual realm are idiots. :p . I eagerly await the charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oi, you're not allowed in here Grimes!

• Advertisement

<runs away giggling and rubbing fingers> hehehe</runs away giggling and rubbing fingers>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

Gentlemen, I propose a wall around our forum to keep these filthy believers out:p

My idea is we create a mirror of all the bad threads out there and then tear them to pieces without ban warniongs for a change!

??? wrote: »
    My idea is we create a mirror of all the bad threads out there and then tear them to pieces without ban warniongs for a change!

why the desire to create a duplicate forum to repost threads in the paranormal forum simply to debunk other peoples beliefs

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Gentlemen, I propose a wall around our forum to keep these filthy believers out:p
    Ha! Mere walls cannot stop me.

And who you callin' filthy?

*sniffs armpit*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

??? wrote: »
    Just a slight niggle, skeptic is the American spelling. Sceptic is the one most used over here!

I'm american. In america.

You'll have to use our spelling when we induct you into the Great American Empire.

Whats your problem?

America=Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When it's written as sceptic I keep pronouncing it in my head as septic...

Septic people probably really should be kept in a corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Well I propose it be kept as skeptic, in solidarity with the international
    sk(c)eptics movement. The Irish Skeptics Society spells it skeptic because it's the more widely used spelling, and to avoid confustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The spelling is on a par with the average poster on the main forum imho.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    The spelling is on a par with the average poster on the main forum imho.
    What? American?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Skeptic looks like a word of Greek origin. I always thougth it was with a k, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,523 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PSI wrote: »
    I'm american. In america.

You'll have to use our spelling when we induct you into the Great American Empire.

Whats your problem?

didn't know you were American...

I've never heard of the spelling sceptic. Think of scepter for a minute. wouldn't sceptic phonetically come out as septic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Overheal wrote: »

I've never heard of the spelling sceptic. Think of scepter for a minute. wouldn't sceptic phonetically come out as septic?

PSi is one of those rare breed of Americans that doesnt go around shouting about it all the time :pac:

Overheal wrote: »

Only if scandal comes out as sandal?

• Advertisement

Its All A Conspiracy So You All Attack Each Other And Don't Debunk The Theorys!!!

Noooooeeeeessss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

British or US English, it's missing an apostrophe in both.

Advertisement