Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got a case of GAS??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

On a serious note, the reason i will am building this vault and the fairly major security measures is that i will be living alone (for awhile at least) and my work keeps me away alot. I don't want to arrive home some day and find my safes ripped off the wall and all my licenses in jeopardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Anyone heard of Tactical Operations (Tac-Ops) rifles based in Beverly Hills.

They make some serious rifles with a 0.25 MOA guarantee. I really really want one but the lead time is about a year and they cost 4k

Anyone want to give me an interest free, extended repayment option, loan. :p

Edit: I also want a decent front rest and rear sand bag for zeroing the rifle and target shooting. Was at range yesterday, and couldn't get a stable platform to shoot off, was driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Guaranteeing .25 MOA?! :eek: That's insane. And presumably you could improve on that with handloads or just preferred ammunition. Not that there's much you can possibly improve on that, but still!

Guaranteeing .25 MOA?! :eek: That's insane. And presumably you could improve on that with handloads or just preferred ammunition. Not that there's much you can possibly improve on that, but still!

Its 0.25 MOA with a particular brand of ammo. some 168 grain match ammo, cant remember the brand exactly and cant access the site from work to check it. grrrrrrr Prob a good thing or I'd need a new keyboard due to drool damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Vegeta wrote: »
    Its 0.25 MOA with a particular brand of ammo. some 168 grain match ammo, cant remember the brand exactly and cant access the site from work to check it. grrrrrrr Prob a good thing or I'd need a new keyboard due to drool damage.

The ammo is Federal Gold Medal 168 grain BTHP match ammo, over on
    snipercentral the boys there reckon that their accuracy claim stands up....fine looking rifle;)

• Advertisement

The ammo is Federal Gold Medal 168 grain BTHP match ammo, over on
    snipercentral the boys there reckon that their accuracy claim stands up....fine looking rifle;)

http://www.tacticaloperations.com/limaseries/

Wouldn't mind one of these bad boys.

Anyone in Ireland work to this kind of high standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Vegeta wrote: »
    Currently I have a serious case of GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

I've been successfully working hard on curing my GAS Syndrome all this year, the results are showing.

So far gear purchased includes...
    Leica CRF 900 range finder,
    Jewell Trigger for my Remmy,
    Leupold VX-III 4.5-15x50 plus mounting tool,
    Two tripod shooting seats (one ordered by mistake :o ),
    Two trail cameras plus assorted rechargeable batteries, chargers and SD cards,
    Handheld Lightforce Striker,
    Two Harris Bipods,
    Peltor Sportacs (on the way - still),
    Samsung Digital Camera (on the way as well),
    Opticron Imagic BGA SE 8x42 bins,
    Various predator calls,
    Various other bits & bobs,
    Gunslips...

The worst of it all is that there are still a couple of items left on the list, the good news though is it's now a very short shortlist :D

johngalway wrote: »
    I've been successfully working hard on curing my GAS Syndrome all this year, the results are showing.

So far gear purchased includes...
    Leica CRF 900 range finder,
    Jewell Trigger for my Remmy,
    Leupold VX-III 4.5-15x50 plus mounting tool,
    Two tripod shooting seats (one ordered by mistake :o ),
    Two trail cameras plus assorted rechargeable batteries, chargers and SD cards,
    Handheld Lightforce Striker,
    Two Harris Bipods,
    Peltor Sportacs (on the way - still),
    Samsung Digital Camera (on the way as well),
    Opticron Imagic BGA SE 8x42 bins,
    Various predator calls,
    Various other bits & bobs,
    Gunslips...

The worst of it all is that there are still a couple of items left on the list, the good news though is it's now a very short shortlist :D

That is an impressive list. John you're clearly the type of guy who appreciates a good case of GAS.

Advertisement