Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creationist Harun Yahya jailed for fraud

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Link. This guy spoke in UCC not so long ago with his "Atlas of Creation - A Nightmare for Darwinism" tour bull****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Hmm, the Turkish legal system. Hardly the bastion of fair justice, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

I'm not one to judge individual cases; fact is he's been convicted of fraud by due process.

adamd164 wrote: »
    I'm not one to judge individual cases; fact is he's been convicted of fraud by due process.

Yes, quite.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Its hard to judge from the limited coverage of this case how the charges relate back to his Creationists activities. He was charge with 17 others in 1999, in a case that was dropped but picked up again by a different court, for making "criminal threats", so by the sounds of this the crime is not related to him simply expressing his non-secular view point. He has used Turkey's libel laws quite effectively in the last few years to have Internet access from Turkey to critical publications outside Turkey, blocked

I know nothing of the case, but I would always remain skeptical of a decison made by the Turkish legal code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I know nothing of the case, but I would always remain skeptical of a decison made by the Turkish legal code.

Fair enough :)

Advertisement