Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy fish stock cubes?

• 14-05-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

I know they sell them in the Knorr cubes in the UK, but I've had no luck finding any here. Tried Superquinn, Tesco, Dunnes.
    Any ideas?
    I know I can make my own, but would like to try to avoid if at all possible.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tesco have started selling fish and beef stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Tesco have started selling fish and beef stock now.

Really?
    I can't see it on tesco.ie, and they didn't have them in my local (small) Tesco. Might try a bigger on, Dundrum perhaps. Where did you see them? Are they the Tesco own-brand ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just to note! Fish stock is quick to make - you don't have to boil it for ages like other meat stocks.

If you're cooking fish already - you'll probably have the skin or something - just bring to the boil with celery/onion/leek, bay leaf, parsley and some peppercorns.

Once it has boiled - then it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Ok, popped into Tesco Dundrum during lunch and they have it there (own brand).
    Thanks olaola, I didn't know that - I thought it would involve hours of simmering. Will keep it in mind for next time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Let me know what you think of it please. The beef one I used was alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

I have used their own brand Chicken stock for soups and risottos and have found them good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Fallon & Byrne in town sell their own stock.

Advertisement