Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Advice

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a bit of advice with regards to a bladder problem. By this I mean when I am on the bike I would literally have to stop every hour to answer a call of nature. I have tried using different drinks , not drinking liquids beforehand etc.. but no solutions - I often end up de-hydrated on the bike as a result because I would deliberatley drink less. It is not such an issue when I am on my own or on a short spin but it can be a problem in a large group on a long spin, especially when the pace is fast.
    I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and then what did they do. Maybe it is a case of making an appointment to see my GP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

have you tried one of those saddles with a hole in the middle, to avoid the pressure in the perinneal area?
    something like the attached image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

erizo wrote: »
    have you tried one of those saddles with a hole in the middle, to avoid the pressure in the perinneal area?
    something like the attached image

Taking the Piss?;)

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Taking the Piss?;)

I'm not kidding. it would happen to me too, that i would need to stop every now and then, and since i got one of those saddles, it really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

erizo wrote: »
    I'm not kidding. it would happen to me too, that i would need to stop every now and then, and since i got one of those saddles, it really helps.

I thought you were being smart. You could hold it in the groove.

sorry dude, not in my best week ever. sometimes i can't understand some of the jokes as being foreigner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I've got a similar kind of saddle on my Sirrus - the standard that came with the bike. I never noticed having the problem that you're talking about but once my arse touched that new saddle, I knew that was the saddle for me.

It was 'sold' to me as being good for bloodflow and reducing cycling related impotence in later years. I say 'sold' cos it was a standard part on the bike but he was just explaining it to me. I found it very noticable how little pressure there was down there on it and how comfortable it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Hi
    You might have to cut down on your coffee breaks???
    Cheers
    your mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Get it checked out by your GP - deffo.

I am looking for a bit of advice with regards to a bladder problem. By this I mean when I am on the bike I would literally have to stop every hour to answer a call of nature. I have tried using different drinks , not drinking liquids beforehand etc.. but no solutions - I often end up de-hydrated on the bike as a result because I would deliberatley drink less. It is not such an issue when I am on my own or on a short spin but it can be a problem in a large group on a long spin, especially when the pace is fast.
    I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and then what did they do. Maybe it is a case of making an appointment to see my GP.

Advertisement