Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP via 3 Handset.

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to access ftp via a 3 handset, more specifically i have Mobile 100 Add-on and they say FTP is not allowed for it, is there another APN that could be used that people are aware of or a HFTP client for windows mobile.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

I use MobyExplorer on my Nokia 6120c with a 3 1Gb mobile internet add-on and works perfectly. Alot of phones are supported by the looks of it, not just the symbian OS. Granted you have to pay for it after the 15 day trial but if you're using ftp from your mobile much it's a great app.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Don't bother paying for that. I use this to ftp to my server. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi guys,
    I do realize that this is an old post & I am rising it from the depths!! I did a search & didn't come across any other threads re. similar.
    Jonthan mentioned that he had someway of getting around the issue of using FTP on 3 but I don't see the solution he used to get it working in his situation.
    Can anyone else suggest other possible solutions?

Thanks,
    Fi.
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Don't bother paying for that. I use this to ftp to my server. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

fidero wrote: »
    I do realize that this is an old post & I am rising it from the depths!! I did a search & didn't come across any other threads re. similar.
    Fair enough; your own post is a natural sequitur from the old and you STFW before resurrecting it, so it's a reasonable instance of thread necromancy in this instance.

Advertisement