Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my car is dead :o(

Options
  • 14-05-2008 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

As above my car died this morning on my way to work...the clutch let me down and I believe that some others parts will do it soon so I don't really bother to bring it to a garage to fix it as it will cost me more than I pay for the car itself-

Does anyone know if there is a scrapyard around south Dublin where I could leave it even for free for parts? Or there is some others options?

I saw few adds saying that they will take you your car when you want to get rid of it but not sure how it's work- It's a Ford Ka 97-

If anyone has some suggestions or ideas...

Many thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Take the numberplates off and tow it to the nearest motorway, It'll be gone in no time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

There's a place out near the Red Cow that will do it for free if you can drop it into them. I'm sure they would be able to organise a tow service too if you're prepared to fork out for that.

You'll need to bring the VRC with you, so that they can certify it as having been scrapped.

Kinsella's - 01 4640726

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

FredH3as wrote: »
    Take the numberplates off and tow it to the nearest motorway, It'll be gone in no time ;)
    And you will be left with a recovery charge and a possible hefty fine for leaving an abandoned vehicle. They can check the chassis/engine number for records :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

FredH3as wrote: »

Ahhh I love my little egg, I wouldn't let her down like that:p
    in the scrapyard I suppose someone will need some parts of her and she will have a second life...:D

Happy memories with my lttle egg will stay with me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭papillon66

CtrlSource wrote: »
    There's a place out near the Red Cow that will do it for free if you can drop it into them. I'm sure they would be able to organise a tow service too if you're prepared to fork out for that.

You'll need to bring the VRC with you, so that they can certify it as having been scrapped.

Kinsella's - 01 4640726

Thank you so much!!! I will need to organize a tow by them as the clutch is dead and I can get any gear to get in...but I'll be fine with that-

Thanks again for your help!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

papillon66 wrote: »
    Thank you so much!!! I will need to organize a tow by them as the clutch is dead and I can get any gear to get in...but I'll be fine with that-

Thanks again for your help!:)

You're most welcome :)

Advertisement