Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Readings

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

To everyone else who asked me for a reading, I'm not forgetting about you. I'm in work tonight and don't havemy cards with me :rolleyes:
    but I will do readings for those who requested one tomorrow evening.
    Looking-forward-to-it,thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 star27

Me too! If you have time I would love one too! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭psychic-hack

Right I've pm'd readings to just about everyone who asked me for one.
    Phew! I sent the readings privately to give the recipient the option of putting it on the board themselves - or not - if they wish.

Thanks for all the feedback already, it's been very interesting.
    cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

I didn't get one :(!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Where possible, could a reader post on a request thread 'reading given' so you know who has had one and who hasnt. Otherwise if its done by pm you just dont know, and one person could have a dozen readings and others like ??? above get none?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll be posting up a set of rules/guidelines for requesting/giving readings later on today and I'll try to incorporate everything that has been mentioned here. I'll post again here when it is up, I'm sure I'll get it wrong the first time :), so maybe we can get some feedback on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thinking of going for a reading soon. Would anybody care to give me one online?

Thinking of going for a reading soon. Would anybody care to give me one online?
    I would. Ill try with cards this evening and pm you tomorrow with it if thats ok? I havent tried mediumship in this environment yet, so I keep it to cards.

That alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That would be great, thank you.

Hi all,

I've posted some guidelines for requesting a reading here and I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Advertisement

Excellent guidelines. Might I add a suggestion?
    If someone starts a thread seeking a reading, could they please give
    8 random numbers between 1 and 56 (inclusive).
    The reason is, this would be the nearest thing to the person picking the cards from the deck themselves, as they would if I was doing a face-to-face reading. I think it would sharpen the focus.
    Cheers.

Good idea, added to the guidelines. Thanks psychic-hack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Am i to understand that any readings will be (if choosen) returned in private to requested person ?

Thanks L

That's the idea anyway.

How do people feel the online readings idea is working out?

Is it a good thing?

Is it overwhelming the forum a bit?

Any other feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Evening,

I would have to say I think it's taking over the forum a bit.... perhaps we could suspend it for a while, it seems to be preventing any other discussion

Ladybird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SwinterTarot

online readings are all well and good but you find EVERY one wants ones lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

stevenmu wrote: »
    How do people feel the online readings idea is working out?

Is it a good thing?

Is it overwhelming the forum a bit?

Any other feedback?

Nothing spotting people from starting other threads, not like we have a 5 thread a day limit.

online readings are all well and good but you find EVERY one wants ones lol

Couldn't agree more :D

LB

6th wrote: »
    Nothing spotting people from starting other threads, not like we have a 5 thread a day limit.

If only.............;)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I'm taking a break from doing readings for the moment. Apologies to those still awaiting readings.
    But many thanks to everyone who gave me feedback - it is very much appreciated. As this started out as a kind of experiment, I may put up the stats based on that feedback when I get the chance.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Please do a reading for me:D anyone???

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I'm taking a break from doing readings for the moment. Apologies to those still awaiting readings.
    But many thanks to everyone who gave me feedback - it is very much appreciated. As this started out as a kind of experiment, I may put up the stats based on that feedback when I get the chance.:)
    Really well done, P-H, I dont know how you coped with the workload!

Apart from PH I havent noticed anyone else posting readings on thread, so the requests at the moment are far exceeding the willing readers. Ive held back at the moment for two reasons, one, Im just dipping my toe in to see how it goes online, and two, Ive only been card reading a wet week anyway. :) Mediumship is my thang, and Id prefer to do that in real life or at least in real time, on msn or such.

I see from posts above that the feeling is that reading requests have taken over. Heres a suggestion. A reader posts a thread saying Im offering 2 or 4 or 6 or 20 readings, or readings for a certain length of time, to people, and posters put their name down. No outside requests are made, you must put your request on that thread, for that reader. Its just an alternate to the current way, where people are asking but not getting readings. The reader in question can still decide whether they read for particular people or not, and it might reduce the amount of threads clogging the forum. The system for offering readings is still under test, anyone think this might be worth a try?

Thanks Oryx,

That sounds like a great idea, saves multiple threads cluttering up the forum. I will return to readings - just have a lot on my plate at the moment!

Excellent idea Oryx, I think that will be the best thing to put in place for now.

And thanks for all the readings you have done psychic-hack, they are very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

To everyone else who asked me for a reading, I'm not forgetting about you. I'm in work tonight and don't have my cards with me :rolleyes:
    but I will do readings for those who requested one tomorrow evening.

Poor Psychic-Hack seems to be doing nearly all of the readings for people on here. That's tough going, in fairness, considering the volume of people seeking readings and that P-H has to lead a life too. I know P-H obviously enjoys doing readings (duh :rolleyes:) but that's a hefty load for one person.. Well, I have only done a reading for one person yet, but I haven't had feedback to determine whether it was relevant or sh1te- making me hesitant to attempt another reading!

TBH, I don't know if online tarot card readings can be accurate enough because you don't have the person infusing the cards with their own 'energies' when they shuffle them.. I have never been crazy about tarot anyway. Just my opinion. Astrology and palmistry would be more my thing- seem to be able to glean more information from the processes involved in those. And I'm not talking about Vedic astrology and palmistry- I mean Western. I believe there's a better chance of greater success and accuracy in using those practices.

But, then again, I'm obsessive about nailing specific details and all the silly minutaie related to people where possible, via occult readings.. God loves a tryer! :)

Advertisement