Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic camper questions

• 14-05-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Im thinking of buying a 1977 vw westfalia camper. It looks fantastc, but am wondering about the cost of ownership, as its 31 years old theres only 50yoyo tax but i was wondering about an nct ie does it need one? also what would insurance be like, it would be my 2nd vehicle its a 2ltr if thats relevant. any other info would also be a help as i think i've forgotten my questions as i write this

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

It will need a garage report for the insurance. if the report is ok the insurance shoulbn't be a problem. Taxwise a brand new camper only costs €85 per year so theres not much saving there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

skippi90 wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a 1977 vw westfalia camper. It looks fantastc, but am wondering about the cost of ownership, as its 31 years old theres only 50yoyo tax but i was wondering about an nct ie does it need one? also what would insurance be like, it would be my 2nd vehicle its a 2ltr if thats relevant. any other info would also be a help as i think i've forgotten my questions as i write this

thanks

take a look over on www.type2ireland.org for all the info you'll need on classic VW campers.

Don't expect that 2l engine to be economical on the fuel, my '74 Westy with 1800cc engine gets 18-20mpg

Advertisement