Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk mail???????

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

HI ALL, IS ANYONE AS PISSED AS I AM ABOUT RECEIVING JUNK MAIL IN THE DOOR????? im sick to death of getting on average 3-5 leaflets in the door a day. what a waste of paper! i mean we pay bin charges to get this stuff recycled. im sick of it. the next person i see posting anything in my door other then our post i will give it right back to them and DONT get me started on those clothing bags and stickers for unwanted clothes. GRRRRRRRRRRR
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Sorry just had to vent this!)
    :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ruby-J wrote: »
    HI ALL, IS ANYONE AS PISSED AS I AM ABOUT RECEIVING JUNK MAIL IN THE DOOR????? im sick to death of getting on average 3-5 leaflets in the door a day. what a waste of paper! i mean we pay bin charges to get this stuff recycled. im sick of it. the next person i see posting anything in my door other then our post i will give it right back to them and DONT get me started on those clothing bags and stickers for unwanted clothes. GRRRRRRRRRRR
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Sorry just had to vent this!)
    :p

i think its time you trained that fox terrier of yours to start taking fingers ruby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Use one of the bags to collect all of the junk mail and stick a sticker on it and leave it out for collection!!

When I lived in the UK it was horrendous the amount of crap we got in the door. My nan used to collect it all up and send it back to the various companies in an envelope with no stamp on :D

I also make sure that when I buy any magazines that I take out the stuffed inside leaflets and leave them in the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Use one of the bags to collect all of the junk mail and stick a sticker on it and leave it out for collection!!

When I lived in the UK it was horrendous the amount of crap we got in the door. My nan used to collect it all up and send it back to the various companies in an envelope with no stamp on :D

I also make sure that when I buy any magazines that I take out the stuffed inside leaflets and leave them in the shop!

thats such a clever idea although it means i still have to use paper to send it back to them unfortunately.

its such a pity that they do this. it really really bugs me!

lol stevoman. i think il just have to put mini at the front door and anyone who attempts to go near the mailbox will get barked at which will notify me to come out and meet them face to face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

yeah but they prob have the dog thing susst out by now and they prob bring dog food with them just in case, but feck me it annoys me to, every day i come home theres something in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

My mam put up a piece of paper saying "no junk mail plz" in the window beside the the front door and it works! never gets any crap anymore! I use the bags to clearout the house everything goes in them broken toys everything!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Those bags are such a nuisance. We get about 3 a week. I might even fill up the odd one if they came around in the evening but I'm not leaving a bag of clothes outside the house all day to alert everyone to the fact that I'm not at home.

And what about the 4 or 5 missed calls you have on your phone from "private number" when you get in? It's either the same person being really persistent or else my number is being bomarded :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Loads of more crap coming in the door with the Lisbon treaty coming up.

Advertisement