Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one for the ladies! Hairdressers prices!

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

hi girls!

which hairdressers do you use? i got my hair done recently in styles ahead and got a half head of highlights and trim and it cost 100e. back a few months ago i got a full head done and cut and it cost 150 in mandika.

not sure where i should go next and if any of ye know of anywhere thats cheaper in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Haven't had my hair done in Port so no idea of prices but I pay €160 for my tiny head of hair in House of Colour in Dublin who sweep the board every year in all the competitions so no offence to Mandika but I think I would have gulped at that price hon!! I know it doesn't stand to reason but I would expect to pay a lot less than Dublin :eek:

Have you tried Scissor Hands or whatever they are called in Costcutters car park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

no bvut my neighbour goes there. they seem to be pricey aswell. grr. the trouble and expense we go through just to stay beautiful hey curvy! tsk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

mine costs €10 in phil the barbers near the cop station:D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I got mine cut and blow dry and magan's trimed cost 55E. Seervice was good cut was ok but nothing to write home about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

Im getting my hair done in scissor hands since it opened last april, i thought the price was really good as i got my hair done in zoo in naas before scissor hands, but now since there opened a year and have won some hairdressing award they have put up all there prices so its not that great of value any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I am pretty low maintenance so my last haircut (a dry cut) cost €16 in Styles Ahead. :D Will probably get a wash/cut/blow dry the next time, preferably on a day where I'm not going to spend the afternoon digging up the garden afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Citi_slicker

Got my hair cut in Scissorhands when they first opened, what a state!!!! Met a neighbour when I came out, one look from him and I nearly cried! Been to sStyles Ahead, much much better!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

yeh +1 on styles ahead! siobhan is rally lovely in there and chatty!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

I have used Dublin hairdressers and lots of Laois hairdressers. I find no difference in skills. But Dub prices have crept down to here. Small local HD's let there prices climb to where the simplest colour n cut costs several hundred Euros. Food, takeaways, services, clothing etc have all come down cos the demand is less. Hairdressing is not an essential, expecially if u have ur own natural colour, but screwing people over price is nasty and unnecessary. I have access to Salon Services the hairdressers shop for professionals only. The big bottle of bleach, the huge thing of powder, the mech strips etc all cost approx €30. so the rest is paying for the skill of your hairdresser!! They can lower this in times of Special Offers, or to generate new customers or to stay open.

Like some chippers charge €2.50 for a bag o chips and some charge €2.20...

But I have used Banks in Portlaoise, Styles Ahead in Port, AND the one that was under Laois shopping center that moved to the stradbally rd...Dennis ...something...Brown?? Anyway, they all screwed up at some stage.
    One had two girls working on my hair at once doing mech. They started at diff places and one pulled tighter than the other leaving me with lobsided hair! Another hairdressers had two girls put in highlights at once, one did chunky and another did thin. Nightmare. My hair looked crap.
    The other one hacked my hair- left it destroyed on one side. Took months to grow back.
    I never go back once i have a bad experience- so i too am left stuck for a hairdresser.
    Especially when I'm paying €100-€170 euros each time!!

I have all the colours, chemicals etc here but the girl that was doing my hair has broken her arm- and i'm afraid to try it myself- so looking for a girl to do my hair now too- Dont know anyone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭graceanseo

Hi Girls,

I'm not a lover of hairdressers but have ended up in Scissor hands on 3 occasions, if I'm honest it was only that last time that I was really happy with my cut, the previous times the girls didn't really do what I wanted with the layers, but this last time the girl I had seemed to have more knowledge of the style I wanted and told me what it's called for future etc

When I lived in Dub i was defo a house of colour fan, they are brilliant. I don't have my hair coloured in a salon though (dark home job)

A good friend of mine has been to a foreign girl in Cloneygowen and was delighted with cost of mesh and cut, sorry I don't know the price, can't remember :confused:

HTH's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

My wife,fully qualified with biggest hair salon in ireland.sure she could do better than those prices.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Anyone go into Vindee in Portarlington? He was very poplar in Mountrath when he was over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if Angela's open late thurs or fri eve?

Thanks a mil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Gone to the state where i wouldnt go to a hair dresser with less the 200euros anymore. Portlaoise has gone a bit haywire lately with hairdressers, the new salon 'Studio 2' opened lately and seemed to have poached all the best stylists around, but out of loyalty I've stayed with my old place, which, with the last colour, I walked out with will have me questioning my decision.

In studio 2 the girls rent a stool and keep their own takings (I think), so loads of salons losing out ot it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Anyone go into Vindee in Portarlington? He was very poplar in Mountrath when he was over here?

I used to always go to him, I'm a lad btw. His actual hair cutting can be dodgy at times, but the colouring has always been great.

Advertisement