Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda speed checks in port!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

You'd also swear they werent doing roadworks and didnt have 60kph signs up everywhere either. The speed I see some people going up there is crazy. You'd think some of them are trying to get a high score on the sign that tells you your speed. Idiots. :(

I know! lol and i bet your right about the speed on the illluminated board that flashes when you drive past!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

kmart6 wrote: »
    God that's amazing,cause people I know who came on it know for fact that they were!!!

The Golf Club is at the end of that stretch of road,where most people would be slowing anyway cause that's a corner that can't be taken at high speed!

good man, you know for a fact! no point having inquests everyboby (Kmart6 knows for a fact, stop the presses)

its doesnt matter where the golf club is you said there is never speed checks on that stretch of road, that is clearly on the portarlington mountmellick road.

now why dont you stop getting your little thong in a twist about things and coming in and starting arguements ( this forum was working perfect before your arrival)

stevoman wrote: »
    now why dont you stop getting your little thong in a twist about things and coming in and starting arguements ( this forum was working perfect before your arrival)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

nice one curvy!

Kmart you need to simmer a bit fair enough have a debate but at least have facts not hearsay and there really is no need for the aggression I dont see anyone attacking you here!

As for my twopence worth .. there is a huge lacking in garda checkpoints in this town! I spend most night kept awake because of boy racers in and out! and each eve there is a meeting at the park raring to go this does need to be stopped and i think if gaurds were more persistant it might help!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

undecided wrote: »
    As for my twopence worth .. there is a huge lacking in garda checkpoints in this town! I spend most night kept awake because of boy racers in and out! and each eve there is a meeting at the park raring to go this does need to be stopped and i think if gaurds were more persistant it might help!

The fact that they meet in a car park is irrelevant and there is nothing illegal about that. I can't say I've any time for the boy racers but the crowd in the Port car park don't cause any hassle as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

+1 on what Kingdom said....except there can be drug dealing involved in the park!

To those who think boards if for personal attacks,maybe you should read the charter,you have been reported!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Kmart6,
    You are no angel and i had taught of reporting you yesterday for as i taught you ere trolling but decided not to. You have reported someone. We'll let the mods take it from here.

have a nice weekend

you have been reported!

Eh seriously are we in school? this forum was working fine until you came in here and began arguing with not one person almost all of us.

chill out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Guys knock it off.

No need for the clique-ness regarding the forum. Anyone can come post even if they dont post regulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Kaimera we are not being cliquey at all and if that is how it looks it not intended in that way! All we are saying is there is no need for agressive attacks especially when it is one sided!

• Advertisement

The only attacks were towards kmart from what I can see which have been removed.

Cant see whats wrong with what he said other than folks getting up in arms.

Discuss it with some civility or dont discuss it at all.

Thanks kaimera,knew there was nothing I had done here to cause such a reaction,nice to see a mod being reasonable!

I did not argue with people,all I did is quote them and respond to what they said,that is how boards has always worked for the four and a half years I've been a member!

clique-ness? i dont think ive ever come across a board that has been more WELCOMING kaimera.

:D

I did not argue with people,all I did is quote them and respond to what they said,that is how boards has always worked for the four and a half years I've been a member!

Totally disagree with you on that. But hey, lets forget about it and move on.

With regard to my deleted i don't feel i should have being reported but hey the powers that be have spoken and lets move on. Sorry about that.

Mate it's signaling out someone,which you went out of your way to do by checking my Bebo,wouldn't have a care in the world usually if it was just a laugh but the fact that you brought it that far and others here thought it was ok was why it was reported,getting onto one person like that has never been acceptd on boards,just the way it always has been,and why this site works so well! Lets leave it now!

Ruby-J wrote: »
    clique-ness? i dont think ive ever come across a board that has been more WELCOMING kaimera.

:D
    Prolly a bad choice of words on my part. :/

Mate it's signaling out someone,which you went out of your way to do by checking my Bebo,wouldn't have a care in the world usually if it was just a laugh but the fact that you brought it that far and others here thought it was ok was why it was reported,getting onto one person like that has never been acceptd on boards,just the way it always has been,and why this site works so well! Lets leave it now!

Bites lip

that wasnt kikel, that was me! really thought u wer a grumpy old man hence why you were so opinionated. not to worry as kaimera said lets not discuss it. :cool:

Yet you continue!

kaimera I think it would be better if you just close this thread to put a stop to it finally!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement