Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 arcade trade-in?

• 14-05-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you can give me some advice. I'm after getting a gift from my girlfriend and im 99% sure its an xbox 360 - arcade version.

Do you know if its possible that I can trade it in for a professional? Il try get hold of the receipt so I can change it before I open the package but if not is there anywhere in Ireland that does 360 arcade upgrades?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Why not just get a 20 gig hdd off ebay for 50 euros ? That way you dont run the risk of changing from an newer xbox to some gammy old premium that was knocking around out back of some GAME. Its the main thing that the premium has over the arcade (if not the only thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

That way you dont run the risk of changing from an newer xbox to some gammy old premium that was knocking around out back of some GAME.

Is there nowhere that would upgrade an unopen 360 arcade for a "new" pro version? Obviously it might cost a bit but i would consider it
    Its the main thing that the premium has over the arcade (if not the only thing)

What about backwards compatibility? I though u cannot play older xBox games on the arcade version. Im not sure about the DVD features too. maybe im wrong though

Thanks for your advice though ageary08, im not too up to speed with the xBox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

I think most video game stores will take back an unopened console with a receipt, provided your purchased it recently. The only advantage i can see to this however is you might save a bit on buying a seperate harddrive and keeping the arcade. You may also get a bundled game or whatever.

arcade + hard drive = premium, once you add a hard drive to an arcade it can do anything premium can, including downloading demos and backwards compatibility. Adding the hard drive is easy too it just snaps in on top, microsoft designed the 360 so a user could upgrade the core/arcade to full function at a later date.

Personally id fork over the extra money for a seperate hard drive to save face with the gf ;)

Advertisement