Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nando's YUM

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever been to Nando's??? I discovered the joys of this place when I was in Cape Town recently.. Had a delicious chicken salad with the lovely Piri Piri sauce. I fell in love with the food :) Since then I have been to 2 of their branches in London.

I would love if there was a branch open in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I love Nando's too!

They don't have any branches here - but you can buy the sauce in supermarkets. I've bought them in either Superquinn and/or Tesco. Not since last year mind! But I'm sure they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Another Nandos fan.. I have to visit one every time I go to England..
    Looking forward to them opening one up here.. I think it would do very well in some of our larger shopping Centres.

I also use the sauces, but you really need to flame grill to get that taste right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I actually live above one.

Pretty good. There used to be a portugese takeaway in Clonskeagh, called Oporto, which was much better though. Shut down though, which is a shame. I must have been their only customer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

According to their website they're opeining in Dundrum in June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Nando's is gorgeous!!Everytime I go over to the UK,I try and eat as much of it as I can.If one opened in Dundrum,I'd actually go there to eat quite regularly all the way from the city.

Edit:Unless there is a place in the UK called Dundrum then according to this http://www.nandos.co.uk/openopening/ABS3/OpeningSoon.html , there is indeed one opening up in Dundrum.Im getting hungry just looking at the online menu *drools*

• Advertisement

Yipee! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Nandos in Dundrum.. Excellent.. That has made my day.. No doubt of course the food will be mad expensive in it compared to anywhere else but I will still go and eat there. Im foaming at the mouth just thinking about that lovely sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

They have recently opened one in the new Victoria Square in Belfast as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Its lovely food, cant wait for it to open in dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nando's is the shizzle. Got one right across the road from me. Absolutely gorgeous and easily the best of the fast food type restaurants, although they do cook everything as it's ordered. Love gettin a nice hot chicken burger with a large chip. Mmmmmm

About time they decided to open one in Ireland. It's a guaranteed success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 fast1

they have nandos in at home in sydney
    apparently they are opening one up in dublin!
    hopefully there will be one in dub 15 right near where i live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

A Nando's in Dundrum? That'd be awesome. My OH is originally South African so he's all about the Nando's/ We randomly found one while travelling in Malaysia. He got so excited!

There's a nice big one here in Wellington which is great. It's so much nicer than other fast food.

/wonders if I should not make dinner and have an impromtu trip to nando's!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Ah yes Nando's only experienced it in Dubai two months ago absaloutly lovely.Can't wait to have another one up in Dundrum.

I see they've been recruiting for about a month, so we've a while to go yet..
    <waiting with baited breath>

*Edit*:I see 1st September is listed on their website..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just did a search for Dubai and found this thread, didnt realise there was a Nandos there!

Whoop de do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kuwarii

I usually just make my own Nando's burgers (chicken breasts) or "flatty's" (whole chicken). Buy some of the sauce (not marinade) from Tesco, take some chicken and marinade for about 2+ hours (the longer the better). You can add some extra lemon juice to the marinade for taste - a bit of larger also adds to the taste while providing extra tenderiser. Now fire up the old BBQ and place the chicken on the grill. Place extra marinade on the chicken after every 2nd or 3rd turn. Just like home. When I still lived in South Africa, my local Nando's used to also do sea food - very good (1990's)...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was out in Nando's on Sunday and it lived up to all the hype. My other half works for a South African company and he was laughing at the delight of the S.A. staff for a Nando's in Dundrum.

We went for the hottest chicken they had, and to be honest, it wasn't that spicy. But according to the South Africans, the hottest level here is about medium in S.A.

Still though - tasty, fast and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Find it a bit hit and miss but some of the stuff is good

SSShhhhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone it's open, or else we'll have to queue to get some delicious peri-peri flame grilled chicken...

Went there this week. Was great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Great news love their Peri-Peri chips.

Yumm

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bigboots

I tried Nando's the other night and it was great.....yum!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Glad to see they have adopted the usual approach of charging Southern Irish customer more.

UK Prices >>> 1/2 Chicken UK £8.95 = €11.25
    Irish Prices >>> 1/2 Chicken IRL €13.75 = £10.95

Rates from xe.com on 18/09/08

Must be the higher VAT here....oh no...our VAT rate is 4% lower than UK on restaurant services. I am sure the rental rates in Dundrum are comparable to those of high end shopping centres in UK like the Bull Ring in Birmingham, very similar range of shops.

Shame they decided to do the usual factor prices by 1.5

On the plus side, I go to Belfast as often as I do Dundrum. Its great that they have Nando's in Victoria Square.

Mylow wrote: »
    Glad to see they have adopted the usual approach of charging Southern Irish customer more.

UK Prices >>> 1/2 Chicken UK £8.95 = €11.25
    Irish Prices >>> 1/2 Chicken IRL €13.75 = £10.95

Rates from xe.com on 18/09/08
    Shame they decided to do the usual factor prices by 1.5
    Could be the fact that they have to ship all their chickens from Great Britain. :eek:
    Menu says they only use British chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

As soon as I read here that it had opened - I hot-footed it over to fundrum (last night)

It was great - I got the 'hot' sauce, which was plenty hot for me. 1/2 chick, nice and moist. Spicy rice - forgettable. I think corn on the cob is a better side. Staff slightly irritating - I think Sneachta and Uachtar Reoite aren't too happy that Daddy made them take a weekend job.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Ive been in Australia for a year and have worked in a Nandos for a few months. I'm goin home for a few weeks in Feb. Was always saying to my boss here that there should be Nandos in Ireland. Decided to do a search on Google for fun and Voila there's a Nandos opening in Dundrum.

The food is awesome. It seems that the menu is slightly different from country to country though and Irelands Nandos will be more restaraunt-ey. In Australia their more like a middle ground between fast food joints and proper restaraunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Ate in Nandos near Gloucester Road there a few days ago. Had heard a lot about it and thought the menu looked fantastic. Had a a Chicken Fillet Wrap with corn and coleslaw. Tasty but the portions were a bit on the stingy side and I didn't think much of their chips. Scrummy white wine though....!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I had never heard of the place, but was passing with the family and went in last week (in Dundrum). Anyway, staff were very nice and I thought the food was very nice too. I'd go again.

I am not sure, but I think it now says on the menu that the chicken is irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Sunday Business post had an article with Nando's in it, apparently they are looking to open a few more here in 2010, Cork's Mahon point, Galway and a few others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

I moved here in July '08 (I'm South African) and the one thing I was really sad to be leaving (apart from friends & family) was Nandos!

Was very excited to find out that one would be opening in Dundrum (we stayed in Dundrum Gate at the time, a 5min walk away), the irony is it only opened after we moved to Sandyford, lol!

Anyway, it's really fantastic. I wish they would do spicy wedges though, and their wraps are nothing like the ones in SA (I prefer the SA style ones, the franchise started in SA so I like to think they're the best of the lot ;) ) but I'm enjoying the mango & lime basting which we didn't have in SA.

There are a couple other things that would be very welcome on the menu, like spicy rice, but all in all it's still one of my favourite places to eat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement