Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PS3 Online Game Arrangement Thread

• 14-05-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

OK so it seems that quite a few of us have managed to get PS3 multi-player games working now. I'd like to propose using this thread for arranging / discussing online games between us. A suggested post format for someone who will be hosting a game is as follows:

==========================================================
    Date & Time: [enter date & time that game will commence]
    Host: [enter your psn-id here]
    Game Type: [enter game type here]
    Game Options: [optional - enter whether you will be setting police on/off etc.)

Once the above is posted by someone (who definitely can host games and allow players to connect to their PS3), then whoever would like to join that game should post that they would like to play along with their PSN-ID below that post. Only ppl who have expressed their interest should be sent an invite (by the hoster). To avoid any confusion, also post the PSN-ID of the hoster of the game (in case there are multiple games going to be hosted on the same night).

So, for example, if you wanted to join a game hosted by me (feilimb) you would post

Host: feilimb
    My PSN-ID: [enter psn-id here]

Not sure if I am going to be around tonight, otherwise I would have kicked off the proceedings with hosting a game later on...

jAH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

right I'm going to be online later so I'll try and get this thing going:

Date & Time: 14/05/08 @ 21:00
    Game Type: Free Roam
    Game Options: -

post a reply b4 9pm if you'd like me to invite ye. if by some miracle there are 7 replies I'd like to try a 4-a-side cops & crooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

jArgHA wrote: »

post a reply b4 9pm if you'd like me to invite ye. if by some miracle there are 7 replies I'd like to try a 4-a-side cops & crooks

Invite me to this.

PSN ID: SB-1000 :)

Free-roam sucks, has no time limit and no money for kills making it completly pointless!

Free-roam sucks, has no time limit and no money for kills making it completly pointless!

yeah I realise that now, next time it'll be deathmatch

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Heh, that was pretty ****e earlier, eh?

I'm sorry for not accepting any more of your invites, but that free roam bores the hell out of me.

• Advertisement

nealmac wrote: »
    Heh, that was pretty ****e earlier, eh?

I'm sorry for not accepting any more of your invites, but that free roam bores the hell out of me.

You live and learn.. I spent the hour after that playing deathmatch against randomers and it was great fun even though I got my a$$ kicked.

Are any of the other games worth playing (tried GTA race and it wasn't great although there was only 2 of us)? How many are needed for a decent game of Cops & Crooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I still think the death match can't be beaten. It's great fun, both the team version, and the "every man for him self version".

I don't know if you noticed, but for some reason my character was female last night. Why would this change? Had to go and change it back.

OK...

I'll step up and host one tomorrow night. Should be enough time to get people involved in it.

Date & Time: 16/05/08 @ 10pm
    Host: SB-1000
    Game Type: Cops n' Crooks
    Game Options: - TBA.

I cannot invite you unless you're on my friends list, so either add me or accept the invitation I have already sent. :)

Bump! :pac:

Game tonight @ 10pm!

I've got plans for tonight sorry can't make it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'll be on (steoc4)

Love the Rocket Launcher :D

hehe u demolished me yesterday steoc4, I just kept making the same mistake by trying to run you down while you waited patiently with that RPG. I finally did manage to pick up a sniper rifle but got RPG'd again b4 I got a chance to get a headshot in.

was it you that I kept sniping on happiness island - respawn brought you back into sniping range about 4 times in a row?

hehe u demolished me yesterday steoc4, I just kept making the same mistake by trying to run you down while you waited patiently with that RPG. I finally did manage to pick up a sniper rifle but got RPG'd again b4 I got a chance to get a headshot in.

was it you that I kept sniping on happiness island - respawn brought you back into sniping range about 4 times in a row?

Yep that was me, desperately trying to headshot you with my pistol before I was taken down!

I got my revenge though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Cant get NAT2 working or detected in my connection status. Went back to wired which seems to have made the connection worse. Or are the networks down......again?

Cant find the router settings for it. Does it work by portforward?

Edit: this link:http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/PS3_NAT_Type_3_to_2.htm doesnt work. Im just about sick of this.

Advertisement