Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cooper expert required!!

Options
  • 14-05-2008 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mini/Cooper/MINT/987566/

any mini experts out there?? i need some advice for my girlfriend? what to look out for etc..

tried my best to convince her to buy a bmw but there's just no talking to some people!!!

thanks for your help guys and gals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

But she is buying a BMW! The best 1.6 BMW money can buy.
    Not sure mechanically what these are like, but the interior can wear quite badly, so look for cleaner examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Biro wrote: »
    But she is buying a BMW! The best 1.6 BMW money can buy.
    Not sure mechanically what these are like, but the interior can wear quite badly, so look for cleaner examples.

true the interiors are ****E, you should go for a lower mileage car, especially 12k.

have to tried the cooperS, afaik that has a leather inside, looks the **** tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Its always hard to tell for sure from photos, but the one in your link looks very clean indeed, and well cared for. 12k seems a lot for a 7 year old supermini, but they do hold their value remarkably well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

well the price is negotiable im told, he seems like a mini enthusiast which always helps!!!

insurance on a cooper s stretches the budget a little tbh.

all the other 2001 minis on carzone seem very standard next to this one, fsh always helps as well!!

might do some more digging, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

well the price is negotiable im told, he seems like a mini enthusiast which always helps!!!

insurance on a cooper s stretches the budget a little tbh.

all the other 2001 minis on carzone seem very standard next to this one, fsh always helps as well!!

might do some more digging, thanks

ask him what club he is in if hes a enthusiast.

alot of people who own these cars are on another planet.

the cooper S is serious fun, well worth the extra insurance, that and the cooper is kinda slow tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

€12K is alot for a 2001 one... i know someone who bought a 2002 cooper in lovely condition up north for GBP£6300 = €7900.... Then you have to factor in VRT, but that should reduce in july anyway.

Advertisement