Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IASUS 2 way radio

• 14-05-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

I bought an Iasus IA5 two way radio from an authorised Iasus reseller in the states, however when it arrived today it has no Iasus markings and has some subtle differences to the IA5 model on the Iasus website..

The buttons are different,
    Backlight is different
    No markings...

I think I've been sold a cheap hongkong imitation. Has anyone seen/heard of this before?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The IASUS IA5 looks like a cheap Hong kong/China type radio anyway (Wouxun, Faidin, FDC, Puxing etc). I doubt from looking at IASUS website that the pictured one is any different in quality. The main IASUS products is not two-way Radio but mics, especially noise cancelling and throat types.

Quote:
    IASUS Concepts Ltd. was founded to facilitate product development and production management in Asia

There is no mention of any FCC approvals or real address. The USA Ham and PMR laws are more strict than Ireland, I doubt IASUS radios are legal at all in USA.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055139328

They come in VHF and UHF versions and cheap on eBay.

You could use it 430.. 440MHz with a Wireless Experimenter Licence. I think any other use is illegal.

Unless it is ETSI approved and CE mark and you have a Buisness PMR /Security licence the IA5 is illegal for any other use.

It's not (and no USA sourced radio would be) legal in any case for PM446 licence free operation.

IASUS IA-5 UHF Radio TECHNOLOGY

General
    Frequency range 400.000-469.900MHz
    Programmable Channel Capacity 16
    Channel spacing 25KHz/12.5KHz
    Power supply 7.5V/DC
    Dimension 58cm (W) * 125cm (H) * 38cm (D)
    Weight (Net) 200g without battery and antenna
    400g with battery and antenna

Advertisement