Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealth Kills?

• 14-05-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering have they removed the stealth kills in this gta or is there a way to do it? I thought it was a great addition to be able to go round as if it was splinter cell either with the knife or the silencer??

Thinking about it a lot of stuff has been removed from gta iv....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

In fairness the stealth elements in SA were clunky at best, and very hit and miss. They were probably left out for gameplay reasons. Every gameplay element in this version is rock solid, and to get rock solid stealth gameplay going you would have design levels specifically for it, and the actual gameplay needs to be of splinter cell standard. Not really feasible in an open world sandbox game. Silenced pistols would have been good. You can stun punch someone if you can catch them unaware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

In fairness the stealth elements in SA were clunky at best, and very hit and miss. They were probably left out for gameplay reasons. Every gameplay element in this version is rock solid, and to get rock solid stealth gameplay going you would have design levels specifically for it, and the actual gameplay needs to be of splinter cell standard. Not really feasible in an open world sandbox game. Silenced pistols would have been good. You can stun punch someone if you can catch them unaware.

jese i wouldnt say every aspect is rock solid...the covering can be all over the place at times. You mean to crouch behind one wall yet your stuck at the side of it sort of thing while someone shoots you repeatedly.

It wouldnt of hurt to have stuck in a silenced pistol at least. I can remember a few times I thought it would of been handy. The knife kills were just good fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Sorry, I forgot about the cover system. It is just ok. I actually rarely use it, as I play with manual aim, and use right hand advantage. Right hand advantage is strafing to the right around cover points so you only expose the gun arm. A classic 3rd person gameplay exploit:D

Advertisement