Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA cup final

Options
  • 14-05-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts?
    Leaning towards Zenit myself on the back of their amazing Semifinal performance
    Dont know much about them to be honest.
    Skrtel was a good player for them and he has not looked out of his depth at Liverpool
    If the rest of their squad is the same quality they should easily beat Rangers.
    Will need more research first though.

Anyone got any insight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am going for 3-1 for either side .It might just be one of those matches ,hopfully not a boring 0-0 after full/ extra time ,go to penaltys match .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zenit are without thier top goalscorer so could be very tight.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

As the Rangers fans will far outnumber their Zenit Counterparts this will be like a home tie imo. 6/4 to lift the cup seems fair value.
    Never thought I'd be rooting for Gers but.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

had them at 3/1 to beat bayen in the semi-final and there where missin there best player that nite aswel. they should be 2 good for rangers. 5/4 to win and 7/2 -1 goal

€80 win at 5/4
    €20 -1 goal 7/2

come on zenit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Backing Zenit myself E140 @ 4-7 dnb.
    Zenit scoring 14 times in 8 matches while conceding 8.
    Rangers scored 5 goals but conceeded just 2
    Rangers are looking poor in the scotish league and were very lucky with their last 2 results.
    By all accounts Zenit have more or less ignored their league matches and completely
    concentrated on the UEFA cup final.
    Just cant see Rangers winning it in normal time so the best bet i could find was Zenit dnb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Got matched on Rangers @ 3/1. Hopefully they can give one more final push to their season as they are absolutely bollixed at this stage. While Zenit are a decent side they are being over estimated big time. Considering this is basically a home game for Rangers I think they'll just nick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

gone for a 2-2 draw at 16/1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rangers have gotten to where they are through a rigid defensive system while Zenit have been a counter attacking side.

0-0 if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This is rangers' 64th game of the season. They must be absolutely knackered. Going for zenith here, they have a good attack

1-0 Zenith 74 mins gone.
    Cant see Rangers winning now so worst case i get my money back.
    Go on the ruskies!

• Advertisement

2-0.
    Sweet as a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

jkelly85 wrote: »
    had them at 3/1 to beat bayen in the semi-final and there where missin there best player that nite aswel. they should be 2 good for rangers. 5/4 to win and 7/2 -1 goal

€80 win at 5/4
    €20 -1 goal 7/2

come on zenit

what a nice bonus that injury time goal was!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Had Zenit 2-0 and exactly 2 or 3 goals...both at half time. Really enjoyed that injury time goal. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

90 min goal was lovely :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Rangers were hapless and I am a mug. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave after half an hour but all I saw up to that point was ZSP with possession and Rangers leaving 10 men behind the ball. Rangers and I deserved what we got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Rangers have a great defence indeed .

Best team won :D

Advertisement