Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeyf

Every two weeks
    Lads iv put another video up on youtube its footage from Saturday its titled (Fingal Airsoft Random Games but if you want to watch it look just under the small screen were it shows how many times the video has been viewed and click the part were it says (watch in high quality) otherwise its pretty hard to make things out ENJOY.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Every two weeks
    super day yesterday the games lasted hours it was crazy:D Bren mate we are always willing and able :p bring on watchtower :D:D thanks to Viper squad , The Contractors and everyone else that turned up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    Operation: Watch Tower ..... The Nam Experience

In 2 weeks time:D:D:D 9th & 10th of August.... check out our Watch Tower Thread and sign up if you haven't already;);)

I had an awesome day yesterday lads.... my legs feel like lead:eek: today.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Never, I love playing in a flat feild with tyres and pallets as cover!
    Re: Operation watch tower.
    Will you be accepting players for a one day only? Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, PC fixed(Badly fitting ATI graphics card). Upload 1 resumed. 5%.

• Advertisement

Finally :/

First an explanation.
    Made the first render in high quality, took ages to upload. At 50% the computer died. Turns out the graphics card was a bad fit. Fixed it this afternoon. Great, uploaded again(from 5%!), grand. Waited, viewe the video on youtube, one little green 3x3 pixel flicker, thats it. Youtube doesnt like MJEPG .avi's! Brilliant :mad: So, I rerendered it with DIVX. Uploaded quickly as they are smaller file sizes. It did work, but yet again youtube have halfed the quality of the clip. Gonna get onto them and see what the best exact codec for conversion to flash is. Grrr.

For the moment though:
    Brens Secret weapon
    >snip<

The days stuff is on its way.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Every two weeks
    nice job lethal, despite all the problems, well done

Every two weeks
    Finally :/

First an explanation.
    Made the first render in high quality, took ages to upload. At 50% the computer died. Turns out the graphics card was a bad fit. Fixed it this afternoon. Great, uploaded again(from 5%!), grand. Waited, viewe the video on youtube, one little green 3x3 pixel flicker, thats it. Youtube doesnt like MJEPG .avi's! Brilliant :mad: So, I rerendered it with DIVX. Uploaded quickly as they are smaller file sizes. It did work, but yet again youtube have halfed the quality of the clip. Gonna get onto them and see what the best exact codec for conversion to flash is. Grrr.

For the moment though:
    Brens Secret weapon
    >snip<

The days stuff is on its way.

Simon

Hey Simon why did you edit out my hair???:P:P:P:o

Class vid buddy...well done and thanks for taking the time to get it posted;);)

Did you enjoy the games??

Bren

Every two weeks
    theburi wrote: »
    Re: Operation watch tower.
    Will you be accepting players for a one day only? Sat?

Operation: Watch Tower will start at 22.00hrs Saturday night.... so if you want to come and play the night game and not the Sunday yeah that's no problem.... just enlist on the Watch Tower thread;)

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Every two weeks
    where ca i get one of them BREN CANNONS

• Advertisement

Hey Simon why did you edit out my hair???:P:P:P:o

Class vid buddy...well done and thanks for taking the time to get it posted;);)

Did you enjoy the games??

Bren

Didnt get to the rest of the footage thisevening as I'd planned, but its on the cards for tommorow.

Great day as usual. The Swat sheild led to me tripping over a root withing a minute of the start whistle but my knee seems fine. On the other hand my left hip is hurting quite a bit, though I dont remember injuring it. All thos bbs form that suped 349 had my attention.

Also, I'd like to make a note to all players. There were some hot tempers to sya the least on sunday. One, I think a longer break would help, you cant cool down properly in 3 or 4 minutes. Two, its just a game, there were a good few inexperienced players there, and experienced players who were, its sad to say, not being 100% honest with hit taking(obvious hits, not accidents). This is wrong BUT take it up with the MARSHALL not the player and out of the way, not in the middle of the firefight! Yes, they may be cheating but that does not mean you should wreck that game for the others who are holding to the rules. Should have the guncam by next time and any cheating recorded WILL result in a name and shame clip posted on youtube and embeded in all relevant forums and communities. You have been warned.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Every two weeks
    Good stuff Lethal Bullet!

Heres another, youtube was being slow so it took millions of years to upload. il put together some action bits later.

man there was some almighty Bang of that lol! video wont enbed so heres the link.
    <snip>

<snip>

Fletch, you're one of many that dooesnt know how to do that(Hint Hint Boards, hint hint). Some do it another way to me but I just copy the "embeded" html code from youtube, then select it and hit the youtube button at the top of the text editor box. Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Hi
    Ah, I missread it. I though it will start Sat morning.
    Will you be open whole day Sat then?
    Operation: Watch Tower will start at 22.00hrs Saturday night.... so if you want to come and play the night game and not the Sunday yeah that's no problem.... just enlist on the Watch Tower thread;)

Bren

Every two weeks
    theburi wrote: »
    Hi
    Ah, I missread it. I though it will start Sat morning.
    Will you be open whole day Sat then?

Yes gates open at 10am for the usual Saturday's games;).

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭biboyTDK

Any game 2mrw nite? thanks

Every two weeks
    biboyTDK wrote: »
    Any game 2mrw nite? thanks
    Games to be played Wednesday evening the 30th of July.

Double Assault
    Mortar Attack
    Army of Two
    Lastman Standing

Gates open at 7pm, Games start at 7:15 sharp!
    ... see you guys there.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Every two weeks
    nice one Fletch another great video, like the camera shake when the bren launcher's fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Every two weeks
    HAHA! ye, that gave me a fair shock when it went off !
    Cheers :D

Fing youtube has severly damaged the quality again, gonna have to resolve this. For now anyways, here:
    >snip<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Class video, whats the shoulder weapon at the end?
    Is it frowned upon by the majority is someones turns out in regular clothes?

Every two weeks

No you'll be grand, just wear dark clothes;) and a good pair of boots!

Bren

Brens <snip> or Alan holding the M249 in a funny way and spraying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

No you'll be grand, just wear dark clothes;) and a good pair of boots!

Bren

I got recommendations on Flektarn so I should be fine. That custom weapon you have is spectacular, I don't suppose you will be making public the blueprints for such a top secret device.
    See Area 51, Fingal Airsoft :D (Bit of a game idea there ;))

Every two weeks
    I got recommendations on Flektarn so I should be fine. That custom weapon you have is spectacular, I don't suppose you will be making public the blueprints for such a top secret device.
    See Area 51, Fingal Airsoft :D (Bit of a game idea there ;))

No mate it's top secret, and we are bound and gagged from discussing it anymore here on Boards.ie

But on thing is for sure I'm going to get it chrono'd just to be on the safe side!

Apart from that Flecktarn works well on our site.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

Kristov_A.T.F.

Some good games tonite .
    Army of two in the pitch black excellent fun .....

Looking forward too Operation Watch Tower ........should be good

thanks to the marshals and crew at fingal airsoft ...

Kristov

Every two weeks
    Kristov wrote: »
    Kristov_A.T.F.

Some good games tonite .
    Army of two in the pitch black excellent fun .....

Looking forward too Operation Watch Tower ........should be good

thanks to the marshals and crew at fingal airsoft ...

Kristov

Yeah once you get a taste for the night games you just can't wait for more:D:D:D

I really thought the 6Mill Hill games were great tonight... we had about 25 players tonight which made it all the more enjoyable;);)

Thanks to Everybody who played tonight... ATF, Tony and Richie, Vipers and everybody else.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

"Yeah once you get a taste for the night games you just can't wait for morebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif"

Now scouring ebay for nite vision goggles:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Bren,

Are ye opening Bank Holiday Monday?

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Viper Squad 1

Every two weeks
    We sure are my friend. Be good to see ye there.
    Gates open 10am.

Marko:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement