Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fingal Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    Right guys some places left for the this Thursday evening's play test, it should be starting at about 7pm! Let me know if you would like to take part, it's free to play;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Every two weeks
    Hey any chance someone can give me a lift to and from the play test on wendsday the 28th,i can offer a few bob towards petrol and a friendly chat aloung the way :D:D

sorry forgot to mention i need a lift from Bray Co.Wicklow so if anyone could offer a lift it would be greatly appreciated

Every two weeks
    Location to be made public this Wednesday:D.
    Some more info for you guys, it looks like our car park will not be complete before testing:mad: or our first day open this Saturday.
    That's right we are open this SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D and Sunday and maybe Monday if there is enough interest
    We do however have parking 1 minute from our main gate.

All players attending the test plays will become a member of the site if they wish to do so as a thank you for taking the time to test our site, Fingal Airsoft will offer a membership card with photo and membership number to prove that you skirmish at our site if stopped by the Guards.

Due to the nature of the skirmish area our site will use biodegradable bb's only, we will have them for sale on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never, I love playing in a flat feild with tyres and pallets as cover!
    Location to be made public this Wednesday:D.
    Some more info for you guys, it looks like our car park will not be complete before testing:mad: or our first day open this Saturday.
    That's right we are open this SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D and Sunday and maybe Monday if there is enough interest
    We do however have parking 1 minute from our main gate.

All players attending the test plays will become a member of the site if they wish to do so as a thank you for taking the time to test our site, Fingal Airsoft will offer a membership card with photo and membership number to prove that you skirmish at our site if stopped by the Guards.

Due to the nature of the skirmish area our site will use biodegradable bb's only, we will have them for sale on site.

Any Idea on prices for the Bios?

Also, two of us hope to be there on wednesday but lifts aren't 100%.

Every two weeks
    Any Idea on prices for the Bios?

Also, two of us hope to be there on wednesday but lifts aren't 100%.

We are trying to keep them priced as low as possible, more or less the same as normal bb's would cost you at any site.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Every two weeks
    I can offer lifts for 2 or 3 on Wensday. im leaving from whitehall, can pick people up if its not too far out of the way.

oh and i smoke and blast metal in my car,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Every two weeks
    fletch... wrote: »

Proper order

Every two weeks
    Hey fletch just wondering if i could take one of those lifts,im coming from bray but could meet you sumwere in the city centre or sumthing if thats ok?

fletch... wrote: »
    I can offer lifts for 2 or 3 on Wensday. im leaving from whitehall, can pick people up if its not too far out of the way.

Offer(via PM) accepted :) Fingal here we come. Smoking, bah, this is airsoft, we're gonna stink anyways :P Metal, HELL YEAH.

Thanks again fletch.

Every two weeks
    Not long now lads.....:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Hey fingal just wondering if having bio bbs tomorow is a requirment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

If they are will you have a supply on Thursday also to purchase....

Every two weeks
    Trying to sort a delivery of bio's for the play tests, so we should be ok.

Failing that we may just have to use normal bb's, this is something I would like to avoid:(.

By this time tomorrow we should be in the thick of it:D:D:D, lets hope the rain keeps off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ted The Head

Every two weeks
    Nothing done today.:confused: The weather was awful.:eek::eek:

Every two weeks
    Nothing done today.:confused: The weather was awful.:eek::eek:

Sure that rain will just make it greener and nice and dense and make it all grow Ted:)

Hate to say this but we're out for tommorow. Its just gonna be far too much hassle to get out and back. BUT, if its ok saturday would be super.

Sorry,
    Simon

Every two weeks
    Hate to say this but we're out for tommorow. Its just gonna be far too much hassle to get out and back. BUT, if its ok saturday would be super.

Sorry,
    Simon

No problem Simon, All welcome on Saturday mate it's shaping up to be a good day with loads of people coming:D

Bren.

Every two weeks
    Today's the Day!!!!

For those who are coming today and worried about traffic, it's a motorway so even in rush hour it moves along fairly quickly!;)

Bring you gear in a kit bag to take from your car into the site, please make sure your AEG's can't be seen by members of the public! We don't want to alarm the locals:eek:, apart from that you guys have my phone number on the invite so when your coming into the village give me a call!

Have fun guys!

Regards,
    Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

from phibsboro or cabra or o'connell street or bus aras, anywhere along the navan road basically (N3)

I missed work so feck it I'll go airsofting :D

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Motosam wrote: »
    from phibsboro or cabra or o'connell street or bus aras, anywhere along the navan road basically (N3)

Tony from Eirsoft.ie might be going that way? Worth a shot!

Tony from Eirsoft.ie might be going that way? Worth a shot!

Is tony going?

If so I'll pile into the van full of aegs :D

Every two weeks
    Hey fingal just wondering if you want people to be wearing goggles tonight or if its ok to just wear airsoft protective glases with a balaclava?

Every two weeks
    heyjay14 wrote: »
    Hey fingal just wondering if you want people to be wearing goggles tonight or if its ok to just wear airsoft protective glases with a balaclava?

Full face mask or goggles is a must guys:cool:, you gotta protect your eyes!

Website launch at 5pm today..... I can't bloody wait, it looks fecking amazing!
    Our web dude has done an outstanding job on this site!:D:D:D:D:D

Every two weeks
    Hey whats the address to your website?

Every two weeks
    Hey whats the address to your website?

All will be revealed at 5pm,ish!;)

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    5pm:eek: thats like 5 hours away ohhhh well

anyway looking forward to tonight should be good crack, by the way fingal i just read about those cards that your giving out so we can show them to the guards if we are stopped and they see the airsoft toys, will you be doing those tonight or whats the story there?

Every two weeks
    5pm:eek: thats like 5 hours away ohhhh well

anyway looking forward to tonight should be good crack, by the way fingal i just read about those cards that your giving out so we can show them to the guards if we are stopped and they see the airsoft toys, will you be doing those tonight or whats the story there?

We shall be taking details and photos of players for the membership cards and then issue them at a later date.

Every two weeks
    ok thats grand........

by the way will we need bio bbs tonight because my order hasnt come yet and i dont think it will come today either so im abit stuck i only have regular bbs...

Every two weeks
    ok thats grand........

by the way will we need bio bbs tonight because my order hasnt come yet and i dont think it will come today either so im abit stuck i only have regular bbs...

Bring them just in case;)

Motosam wrote: »
    wanted last minute lift from phibsboro or cabra or o'connell street or bus aras, anywhere along the navan road basically (N3)

Still looking for a lift, can meet anywhere really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭j0ey2069

Once a month
    What's the craic with tonight, are there still spots? I'll give you a lift Motosam if I can get going.

Every two weeks
    A little overdue, but still it's up;)

www.fingalairsoft.com

it's still a work in progress and we will be continuing to upgrade and improve it over the coming weeks, enjoy!

you'll need flashplayer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ISnipeFreely

Every two weeks
    thank you :) *jealous*

*Ahem*

Site please?

Stuck in the mud in Galway :(

Best of luck with this lads, and everyone thats going!

Every two weeks
    Lads, congratulations.

As soon as i get leave from the warden, i am coming to finglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Once a month
    Very nice, this looks good :)

cant wait for later!

Every two weeks
    Lads, congratulations.

As soon as i get leave from the warden, i am coming to finglas

thanks for the positive (and rapid) response mate.:)

Once a month
    The sites looking good. I can't wait till later now...!!!

Every two weeks
    cheers guys glad you like

Once a month
    Hmmm, Google maps has two Stamullens, which one is it??? Still waiting to hear back from Motosam, if I don't hear back soon I'm gonna head on up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steodee

Every two weeks
    I know this is last minute lads but is there anybody goin through ballymun on the way to fingal airsoft thats able to give 2 of us a lift.

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    thanks for the positive (and rapid) response mate.:)

Ah well, credit and all that,

and i was bored in work. anychance you'd bring the site down to Galway city for a weekend? :D

Make sure someone has a camera on site, and let us know when the pics are ready for viewing

Once a month
    left for the site but i dont know exaclty where it is. Coardinates for gps from google maps would be handy. Seems like the sites down t down

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Once a month
    :):):):):):)

Ooooh Mmmmyyyy Gaaawwwdd, I live less than 5 minutes away!

I was hoping it'd be as close as Balbriggan, but this is insane:D

Every two weeks
    i might be a little late getting there have to get a joe maxi, last resort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

Once a month
    If anyone is still having problems finding the place it's directly behind the church in Stamullen. Stamullen is beside Gormanstown, just off the M1. It's easy to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

great website lads :)

Every two weeks
    I got out there well to late, by the the i was at the church there was no body around, at leat I know where it anyway hopefully i'll be out there again soon though

Every two weeks
    steodee wrote: »
    I got out there well to late, by the the i was at the church there was no body around, at leat I know where it anyway hopefully i'll be out there again soon though

Damm sorry we missed you Steodee:(, now you know where it is try for tomorrow evening again starting at 7:30?

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the guys who turned up today to play test the site with us and help us refine the game types, and a big thank you to the lads who marshaled for us:D you done a great job!

Bring on tomorrow's play testing :D:D:D:D:D it's going to be great!

Regards,
    Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Once a month
    Good to hear tonight went well, Hope to make it out tomorrow myself.

• Advertisement

Once a month
    Just home now. Bloody wrecked. Tonight was very good. It's a very tense site to play on. VERY close, you wouldn't know someone's there until you hear the rattle of their aeg and your hit. You really have to listen to things like twigs snapping and rustling to find out if someone is coming. My new pistol should get a nice workout on this site! It's VERY dense woodland, with some clearings and an old orchard. Nice job on the bases and the respawn points lads, very clearly marked. The sides for the base on the hill seem a bit low though, we were under fire in there earlier and you basically had to hit the deck to get cover, you couldn't even crouch. Some basic observations, definately need a portaloo, a bin up in the marquee and some type of light source in the marquee if the games run into the dark hours (you're packing up your stuff and you can't see a thing). I really liked the capture the hill games, it is VERY hard to attack that base on the hill! Hopefully with bigger teams it would even things out a bit more. I didn't really like the last game of the day, the capture the flags from the orchard. It just seemed like the orchard was too open of an area to put the flags and you were a sitting duck trying to get them. A pistols only game would be sweet. Well that's all I can think of for now. Won't be up tomorrow (damn fiancee), hopefully will be up one of the days at the weekend. Thank's lads for setting this up and good luck in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement